Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By randoderso Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:19 pm
Hello!
I am very new to the mpc2000xl. i just got one with the MCD reader installed. The OS is 1.14.
I have a sandisk 32gb CF that i put a couple drum kits on. When i go to load it shows that there is something in atapi but expressed by a bunch of question marks. "????" and the files don't show up.
What am i missing here?

Please Help!
By richie Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:33 am
Format the card first on the MPC, then connect it to your computer and copy the drum kit .wav files over.
By JVC Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:49 pm
Make sure that your CF card is compatible with the CF reader in MPC-2000XL. As far as I know, most of (if not all) Sandisk CF card should work fine.

The CF card must be Formatted with the CF reader in MPC-2000XL. You won't be able to use all 32GB on the card.
Make sure to rename your WAV files to DOS format (that is 8 char maximum, with ".WAV" extension.) Folder name must be 8 chars or less.
By randoderso Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:59 pm
Ok so I tried formatting on the Mpc and I get an error 0000:D29C?
my drums were all wav. 16 bit and less than 8 characters. tried formatting on my Mac as well and that didn't seem to do anything.
I was thinking maybe the CF is too much gigs? maybe buy a 1 or 2G?
By richie Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:18 am
FORMAT THE CARD WITH THE MPC'S CARD READER.

IF THE MPC CANNOT CORRECTLY READ THAT CARD THEN YOU WILL UNFORTUNATELY NEED TO TRY ANOTHER CARD.