Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By JaccCetch Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:16 am
Hey guys I’m new to the XL, bout a month now. I’ve been studying the manual and “Beat Making On The MPC 2000xl” book. I love the sound of the xl and the feel but I’m coming from the MPC 1000 so I’m used to the easy mute groups, now, I’m old school with my music creating and literally lol. I’m not looking for “easy” music creating shouldn’t be easy in my opinion but how do you guys work? What would be the best workflow to adjust too the xl coming from the 1000? I like to chop manually do you guys mostly use note off? Or just chop your samples so they end equally. I’ve toyed with the mute groups on the xl but it’s of course different from the 1000. I hope I made some kind of sense. Thanks in advance for any advice
By Lampdog Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:43 pm
2kxl is called “Mute Assign”.

Usually note off.
By JaccCetch Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:07 pm
Your right Lamp it is mute assign. And yes that’s mostly how I’ve been working is note off. I guess it depends on the sample. I’ve been watching these XL masters like Marco Polo, Kev Brown (older vids), Jaisu. Can anyone think of anyone else I should study for their XL expertise that has vids up showing them working the box? Thanks
By richie Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:09 am
Those nomadik videos are quite good and I like how he edit it so that the screen is visible to the viewer.