Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By VastRealm Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:19 pm
so my question is...after laying down a drum seq on my mpc2000 with quantization off, everything sounds smooth except for the last snare in the sequence wich is way off timing and i want to move it in sync with rest of the drums, do i have to erase the seq and start over or is it possible to move the snare just like 0.01 seconds manually ? :hmmm:
By Lampdog Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:36 pm
So you'll notice that when you make beats there is 001.01.01 up at the top.
Every time you tap a pad that pad bang is recorded into that number up there. BAR.BEATS.TICKS.

Go into STEP EDIT, turn off your TC, hit LOCATE+EVENT (above REC/ODUB/STOP/PLAY/PLAYSTART and you can locate all your pad bangs, NUDGE them forward or backward a few ticks and place them EXACTLY where you want them. Your inner and outer wheel can take you to the next TICK and LOCATE can take you to the next PAD BANG. This process is EASY if you turn off TC. If you don't you will HEAR pad bangs and not see them on screen and you will be skipping them visually. TC OFF will let you see every last TICK in there.

Resolution of MPC2k/2kxl is max 96 PPQN (Parts per Quater note). 96 x 4 per note. So, not time, like you were thinking earlier, think TICKS instead. Use STEP EDIT and play around with that LOCATE + the buttons to the left or right of it and you'll get what you want.

Play with it, get comfy with it, you'll thank yourself later for taking the time to learn it.
By Wal Martian Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:00 pm
Step edit is a powerful fast way to move around events.
STEP
GO TO + >> (jumps to the end of your sequence)
GO TO + < (jumps back to the last event, press until you hear the snare in question)
COPY
DELETE
> or < (move as many ticks as you like, earlier or later)
PASTE

That's it, you just deleted the snare event and pasted (nudged) it to a new spot on your sequence.