Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By tapedeck Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:27 pm
JVC wrote:All of my one-shot drum samples (like TR808 samples, Linndrum samples, etc.) has tiny bit of silence, which Lampdog and other veteran MPC users would refer as "air."

and damn i despise this way of working :lol: :lol: :lol:

i can always add air later, but having to remove it or account for it on every sample drives me up the wall.

to each their own :mrgreen:
By JVC Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:48 pm
tapedeck wrote:
JVC wrote:All of my one-shot drum samples (like TR808 samples, Linndrum samples, etc.) has tiny bit of silence, which Lampdog and other veteran MPC users would refer as "air."

and damn i despise this way of working :lol: :lol: :lol:

i can always add air later, but having to remove it or account for it on every sample drives me up the wall.

to each their own :mrgreen:

Actually, if OP started with a kick sample with air, then all OP had to do would've been move the starting point of the kick sample, not having to adjust other samples.
By Lampdog Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:26 pm
I've also used Sound Forge for batch auto chop. SF has never ever failed me.
You can have any amount of air added or erased front or back, fade ins/outs, attack, hold, sustain release, delay and other settings. But yeah, batch detect/chop in SF is THEE shit!

Oh and of course you can add whatever you effects and tools to the batch process. I've used small amounts of subtractive eq, normalize, small reverb tail many times.
By tapedeck Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:29 pm
JVC wrote:Actually, if OP started with a kick sample with air, then all OP had to do would've been move the starting point of the kick sample, not having to adjust other samples.

exactly...but who knows what actually happened? (still waiting on some closure)

and this is one reason why i dont f with that method :mrgreen:
no hate for those that do