Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By LEDC Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:44 pm
Hi everyone! Bit of an issue with my MPC samples, they're too quiet. I mean, I've played them at around 0.0db, or -3db, but the issue is they aren't loud enough to stand out against my synths playing at the same time via MIDI. I know you can increase the volume of the samples through the trim option, but even after saving it resets back to 100% instead of staying at 165% etc.

Any ideas how to change my sample volume level after recording them into the MPC?

Cheers!
By kebzer Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:59 am
I think you need to correct your Unity Gain settings between your PC/synth and your MPC. All MPCs are hella loud, even the 60, from their Stereo outs so this shouldn't be happening.

Setup the same drum break on your PC and your MPC and play them back/forth. Correct the volume settings in your soundcard until they both sound the same loud.

Check also your Stereo outs on your MPC. They might be almost dead and need to be changed (happens on old MPCs).
By tapedeck Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:49 pm
there isn't really one answer to this... your best bet is getting your samples right and loud enough as they come into the sampler.

from there its just a matter of getting the gain right at every stage of the signal.
By LEDC Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:45 pm
kebzer wrote:Check also your Stereo outs on your MPC. They might be almost dead and need to be changed (happens on old MPCs).

Nope, my MPC is perfectly fine. I just recorded my samples at a slightly lower volume as I thought I could make it louder afterwards. Never mind!

Thanks anyway!
By Lampdog Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:28 pm
LEDC wrote:I just recorded my samples at a slightly lower volume as I thought I could make it louder afterwards.

Why didn't you start with details like that so we would have known?
By Harmoncj Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:43 am
You could solve it with the fx, another good reason to have the EB16 installed!
By LEDC Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:09 pm
Lampdog wrote:
LEDC wrote:I just recorded my samples at a slightly lower volume as I thought I could make it louder afterwards.

Why didn't you start with details like that so we would have known?

Because I'm an idiot :roll:

What I'm going to do this time round is import the files onto a CF card reader instead to save some time.
By Lampdog Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:57 pm
Ur not, lol.

You just gotta figure out what works for you is all.