Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By woodsmgavin Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:21 am
Hello
I recently acquired an mpc 2000xl with a broken floppy disk drive and I have not had any way to save samples since I bought the machine. I bought a floppy disk drive on ebay and plugged it into my mpc but when I turn it on and try to load a floppy disk it reads " no floppy device !!" and does not even recognize that there is a floppy drive connected at all. Is there anything that could be wrong with my mpc? or is it possibly I am using the wrong type of floppy drive? I don't really know what I am doing and any help would be appreciated.
By Lampdog Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:42 pm
Welcome fellow imgurian.

I fixed your pic for you. Hit the quote button on your post to see how I did it.

Can you please take clear pics of your 2kxl insides where you say you connected the floppy drive. Close ups please.
By woodsmgavin Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:31 pm
https://imgur.com/a/l73Wg
I can't figure out the pictures i'm sorry. But here is a link with pictures of how I have the floppy disk drive installed, it is a stock drive that was working when it was removed from another mpc. I am fairly sure I installed it correctly, if not I'm still not really sure what else the problem could be.