Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By manufracture Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:21 pm
Hi Guys,

I am trying to put on the mounting arm on my MPC 2000 to install the MFC 42 in order to free up some rack space.

I must have lost the original screws some time ago and have been to several hardware stores to get replacements.
The new screws don't want to bite which leave the arms precariously wobbly - Any ideas of how to fix this please?
By richie Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:07 pm
Isn't the mounting screw to the MPC the same size screw as the 4 larger screws used to hold the MPC's case down on the sides?
By manufracture Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:24 pm
That sounds right and have purchased ones with longer threads but they do not tighten.
On the base of the arms there are holes which initially thought could be used to secure to the bottom of the case however they do not line up with any existing screws?
By richie Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:15 am
Perhaps a previous owner used screws that were not correct for it and in doing so stripped the original threading.

So to ask you again, do the large screws I mentioned screw in thread wise fine to the mounts? If so, then you can take one of the screws to a hardware store where they should have the tools to adequately measure the thread size and size of the screw you need.
By manufracture Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:36 pm
The threads have been stripped on the case I think as the side screws just turn and don't bite.
Do you think putting split washer work in between case and mount?
By richie Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:18 pm
No because there are no threads. There are various posts on the net that have to do with thread restoration but honestly, it seems like it would be best if you forego the idea of mounting it to the MPC and put it back in the rack or have your mpc sitting on top of it.