Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Sam C Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:34 am
So, Ive seen this topic a handful of times but my issue has nothing to do with installing a card reader or LCD screen problems.

My MPC power stopped working while switching out my mainboard (I know that the mainboard isn't the issue here).

So after hours of disconnecting and reconnecting cables and wires I found that on my LCD Inverter, the port that connects to the power wire on the mainboard was flimsy. I desoldered the part and soldering the connector back on. I applied slight hot glue to the side of the port so it wouldn't move. Still no power.

Next I wiggled the cables that were soldered to the power port and noticed that the previous owner applied electrical tape to the wires. He seem to have extend the wire by attaching longer ones to extend the length. I wiggled the black connector that is connected to the board below where the power board is and boom power.

But....only for a little while...

When my MPC stopped working again, I wiggled those cables and got nothing. I have checked the fuse...nothing..the fuse is unbroken. I noticed a wiggly capacitor. Soldered that stronger. Nothing. Unwrapped the electrical tape and check to see if the wires were soldered right and applied the tape back on. Got a quick flash. Apparently, the tape wasn't wrapped tightly and got a spark. Got scared of shorting out my new mainboard so I switched it out to the old one. Still no power after rewrapping the wires.

Is it possible that I shorted out something?

Is it the LCD Inverter board or the taped up wires where the plug goes into?

Does anyone know what procedures I should do to eliminate possibilities and narrow down the problem?

I have a multimeter, does anyone know how to use it to check if I am getting power to my board?

HELP!!!!
By JUKE 179r Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:31 pm
Check the fuse on the power supply board to see if it's blown.
By richie Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:01 pm
Could you post pictures of what you're working with?