Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By distortedtekno Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:39 am
No problem. But as far as the Gotek drive is concerned, I don't have one. So I'm not sure since the computer can only recognize the first partition of the usb stick. If all else fails, then do what this sampler does best and sample the sounds. The 2000 classic's AD/DA converters have a nice sound that tends to be a bit warmer and punchier than newer models. So it's worth experimenting with, especially for kick drums.
By richie Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:10 am
If you got a SCSI drive, you could / would ideally be loading samples off the SCSI drive.

If that is what you're asking?
By richie Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:12 am
Yes, as long as you have a way to interface the SCSI zip drive to your PC, You can do that just fine. The disk would have to be formatted to FAT to avoid problems.

So either you have a SCSI card on the PC, a SCSI to USB adapter or find a USB Zip drive for what you want to do. The only issue with 2 of the 3 options is they are expensive to accomplish. Too many people are posting SCSI to USB adapters for stupid prices as well as USB ZIP drives.

But like I said, everything you are asking is completely possible, I've done it on many occasions. Not with a zip drive but with Jaz drives, SCSI CF readers and some 9GB hard drives.