Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By JaccCetch Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:35 pm
what up gang! Has anyone figured out a way to fix the display lag that occurs with the MPCStuff V2 screen upgrade for the 2000xl? Drives me nuts at times! Thanks in advance
By JUKE 179r Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:32 pm
Contact them and tell them about it.
They are great at responding to customers.
By martel80 Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:47 pm
I bought it last month and dont have that sort of problem.

A very clean dark blue screen.

I love it.

Have you removed the inverter like stated in the instruction?
By JaccCetch Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:21 am
Just to clarify what I mean by “lag”...sometimes I have to push a button twice or even 3 times to get to the function I’m after or window open. Or jog the wheel several times to change a parameter. So your telling me your screen doesn’t act that way?? I ask again cuz the rep at MPCStuff is telling me it’s common. My questions to him was...”why??”
By JUKE 179r Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:10 am
By martel80 Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:21 pm
JaccCetch wrote:Just to clarify what I mean by “lag”...sometimes I have to push a button twice or even 3 times to get to the function I’m after or window open. Or jog the wheel several times to change a parameter. So your telling me your screen doesn’t act that way?? I ask again cuz the rep at MPCStuff is telling me it’s common. My questions to him was...”why??”

Correct, my screen doesnt do that at all.

My mpc respond promptly after a long initial boot.

2KXL, OS 1.2, 32MB Ram, 8 output, new mpcstuff bluescreen, inverter removed. 100MB Internal ZipDrive.
I dont have the FX card ( Is it even worth it ??? ?? )
By JUKE 179r Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:47 am
JaccCetch wrote:...sometimes I have to push a button twice or even 3 times to get to the function I’m after or window open. Or jog the wheel several times to change a parameter.

It could be the tact switches and encoder in Your MPC going bad or have bad solder contacts.
By JaccCetch Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:31 pm
Thanks JUKE ill check out the links you sent. No its not my tact switches I replaced EVERY ONE when I first got my XL (and still had the factory screen) used it for quite some time before buying the screen upgrade, and never had a single lag or delay.
By JaccCetch Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:40 pm
BTW...I was unaware of the inversion on the colors with this screen. Can someone direct my to a link that explains how to do that please? Sounds interesting....Thanks again fellas
By richie Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:19 pm
There's a dip toggle on the back of the screen that you can enable to make it inverted.