Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By roisindubh83 Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:04 am
So one of my tact switches are up on my mpc 2000 and I have been searching on how to open the control board properly to see if I can first deoxide it before summing up a replacement , but the control board is slightly different from the 2000xl and all I have seemed to find is videos and pictures on how to lift the control board to safely clean/solder it on the 2000xl , can any one please give me some insight or even pictures on how to safely do this on the 2000.
By mr_debauch Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:32 am
that is one thing easier to do on the 2000 classic than on the XL.

take off the front plastic panel and the screws on the sides... the rear has some as well... basically you want to take off the top metal shell.. (pull off the jog wheel, fader cap, and 2 knobs first) .. you will then have access to the buttons. you would want to spritz the deoxit under the plastic buttons obviously ... directly on the tact switch.
By roisindubh83 Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:58 am
Thank you for the reply I did all that but I still need a better shot at the tact ends under the control panel but I had two faulty cursor buttons the down one was fixed and works Golden the up I can assume is toast so I really need to be able to get under to replace .
By roisindubh83 Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:57 pm
thank you so much getting tact switches tomorrow and wanted to know the right way I was a bit nervous detaching the ribbon to the drum pad wasnt sure how to take off safely and how to put back on but now that I know im sure theres videos out there , cheers.
By richie Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:59 pm
Whatever you do, be careful with how you detach the ribbon going from the sensor pad to the control board. If it's an original sensor sheet, it is old and they start getting dry and cracking. So you gotta be careful that you don't snap it.