Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By martel80 Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:45 pm
I was bouncing a project from my MPC yesterday and my MPC Skipped for a very short amount of time.
Maybe .2 seconds.

I was very surprised......it really felt like a CD skipping and it only happen once on a whole 3m45 of bouncing time.

Anyone ever heard their MPC skip ?
By Lampdog Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:58 pm
RAM going bad?

Reseat. Clean.
By richie Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:00 am
nah martel80 has the rare "swag" version of the XL. Now he can make beats and have them sound off beat and f*cked up like how half these SP404 beat makers do.
By martel80 Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:55 am
Lampdog wrote:RAM going bad?

Reseat. Clean.

Oh, so that would be the reason you think ?

I will need to open this thing again then..... :/

What confuse me is that it really only happened once ....at least, thats the time I noticed it.

And it was such a short moment, litteraly .1 or .2 second skipping.

I was think also maybe it was the plugin I put in my daw input channel that caused that.

Is it possible ?

I think the probability that my pc freeze for a very short period of time is higher then my mpc , what do you think, would that make sense ?
By martel80 Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:56 am
richie wrote:nah martel80 has the rare "swag" version of the XL. Now he can make beats and have them sound off beat and f*cked up like how half these SP404 beat makers do.

Baaahahahahha.

It was so confusing tho' ....It's the first time it ever happened to me and I have this sh!t recorded as proof.
By tapedeck Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:14 pm
martel80 wrote:I was think also maybe it was the plugin I put in my daw input channel that caused that.

Is it possible ?

I think the probability that my pc freeze for a very short period of time is higher then my mpc , what do you think, would that make sense ?

it was probably this.
ram error would have been more dramatic and you probably wouldn't have recovered.