Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By klampel4 Tue May 01, 2018 2:31 pm
Hey there. I'm new to the 2000xl. I bought it with the intention of essentially using it like an SP-404 but with the benefit of the assignable outputs. I'm looking to have multiple samples looping out of sync with one another at the same time, no sequencing involved. It seems like in order to achieve this it requires me to hold down the pads as they play, but I'm looking to not have to do that. And when I change the voice overlap to 'mono' it forces me to change the decay envelope which significantly alters the sound. Any suggestions?
By tapedeck Tue May 01, 2018 4:40 pm
the xl doesn't do that out of the box. you have to fake it by using the sequencer and retriggering the note, or cutting into slices and triggering that way. if you need them to loop out of sync, you are gonna have a tough time getting the sequence length right if each sample is a different length.

another 'hack' would be to build some sort of midi filter / trigger that only sends note on messages, but no note offs.

either way, the machine is not really designed for that, so there will be some hacking involved.