Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Eightysix69 Mon May 07, 2018 12:19 am
Does anybody know where I can buy a 1g or CF card with sounds already on it? Does anyone sell those? I see the floppys but no CF cards...
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Mon May 07, 2018 7:28 pm
To be honest they are probably just generic free sample packs that are available on the web mixed together and sold on.... In my opinion don't waste your time and money on these. If I need to purchase something then I personally own buy sample packs from reputable places like MPC samples, drum broker, goldbaby etc.

Get digging as it's much more fun to dig and sample things yourself :smoker: This way your create your own custom library full of sounds that you like while custom tailoring it to create your own unique style of production.
By Eightysix69 Sun May 13, 2018 12:38 am
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:To be honest they are probably just generic free sample packs that are available on the web mixed together and sold on.... In my opinion don't waste your time and money on these. If I need to purchase something then I personally own buy sample packs from reputable places like MPC samples, drum broker, goldbaby etc.

Get digging as it's much more fun to dig and sample things yourself :smoker: This way your create your own custom library full of sounds that you like while custom tailoring it to create your own unique style of production.

I appreciate you're reply. Yeah man I've already gone through the process of converting some of my Rytm samples to 16 bit to transfer to the cf card but that shit takes forever. I guess I'll probably just download sample packs and transfer them to the card but i'm trying to figure out how to keep the card organized. I'm still having a hard time understanding the structure of 2kxl as It's so different than a computer. I'm probably overthinking everything but it's hard not to. I have to figure out how to have everything in separate, named folders... anyways thanks.
By Wormhelmet Sun May 13, 2018 1:27 am
Eightysix69 wrote:
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:To be honest they are probably just generic free sample packs that are available on the web mixed together and sold on.... In my opinion don't waste your time and money on these. If I need to purchase something then I personally own buy sample packs from reputable places like MPC samples, drum broker, goldbaby etc.

I appreciate you're reply. Yeah man I've already gone through the process of converting some of my Rytm samples to 16 bit to transfer to the cf card but that **** takes forever. I guess I'll probably just download sample packs and transfer them to the card but i'm trying to figure out how to keep the card organized. I'm still having a hard time understanding the structure of 2kxl as It's so different than a computer. I'm probably overthinking everything but it's hard not to. I have to figure out how to have everything in separate, named folders... anyways thanks.

What is the native format of the files you are converting to 16 bit?

My mv8800 only takes 16bit samples so I converted them in bulk with a program called Switch Sound File Converter (now just called Switch) and did about 35gb of 24bit samples into 16 bit in less than 30 min.