Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By oldskl1 Fri May 11, 2018 12:28 pm
Hi There

I have a 2kxl with the 8 output expansion.

At the moment I have a 10 channel mixer (5 mono 4 stereo). Before today I ran the stereo output from the mpc to one of the stereo inputs of my mixer so all the sound from the mpc came out there.

Today I decided to assign one pad (which had a kick drum on it) to output 1 on the mixer inside the mpc, and then obviously connected a 1/4 jack from output 1 on the mpc outboard to track 1 on my mixer.

However when I hit that pad, I'm getting that audio from that pad on channel 1 on my mixer and the stereo output channel of my mixer.

I had hoped that as this pad was assigned to a separate channel in the mpc it wouldn't come out of the stereo output channel and would only be sent to output 1 but this isn't the case.

Is this working as intended or am I missing something here? I did read the manual but that section is pretty empty but apologies if I'm just being blind
By Lampdog Fri May 11, 2018 3:34 pm
Go to SHIFT+MIXER , Go to DRUM ?, Go to STEREO, Highlight ALL CH.

Roll data wheel so that all STEREO channels are turned off.
Result: Now you ONLY have INDIV volumes playing.
or
You can just turn off the pad(s) that have 8OUT assignments in INDIV.

CLEAR when you want to go back to normal pad volumes separately.

STEREO is the MAIN OUTPUT volumes for each pad.
INDIV is the 8OUT volumes for each pad.

*Long story short, learn to manipulate that mixer and everything it is capable of.

FXedit is another that will require MIXER finesse (knowledge) if you have EFX board installed.
Whole 'nother can of worms there.