Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By narcoticnoise Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:47 am
hello mpc forums, after successfully replacing my scsi fuse for my mpc 2000 classic my dumb a** accidentally touched with a weak solder gun the small top part "dot" where is labeled c37 on the audio board.... it seems like its still in place not burnt to a crisp lol.. just a tad bumpy from the top.... i have no issues what so ever..... but i was wondering if anyone knows what the "c37" is for and would if give me issues? Is it replaceable? Like i said though everything works like a charm but i don't want it to be an issue in the future.....

Thanks

i've included images its located next to the fs1 fuse. It says c37 right above the number 7 on "c37"

By CharlesRandolph Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:10 am
narcoticnoise wrote:hello mpc forums, after successfully replacing my scsi fuse for my mpc 2000 classic my dumb a** accidentally touched with a weak solder gun the small top part "dot" where is labeled c37 on the audio board.... it seems like its still in place not burnt to a crisp lol.. just a tad bumpy from the top.... i have no issues what so ever..... but i was wondering if anyone knows what the "c37" is for and would if give me issues? Is it replaceable? Like i said though everything works like a charm but i don't want it to be an issue in the future.....

Thanks

i've included images its located next to the fs1 fuse. It says c37 right above the number 7 on "c37"

If you are talking about the solder point in the red circle. That's to a capacitor. If you are talking about the soldier point in the green circle. It's an empty soldier point so you should be okay. If you have not already put it back together. I would recommend you use a small amount Deoxit D5 on the blue component. Looks like some corrosion is forming.
By narcoticnoise Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:13 am
thank god, it's the green circle......

cr*p i didn't notice that!! thanks for pointing it out.
would i spray it directly ? or just use a q-tip ?

nonetheless, thanks for the info !
By CharlesRandolph Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:22 am
narcoticnoise wrote:thank god, it's the green circle......

cr*p i didn't notice that!! thanks for pointing it out.
would i spray it directly ? or just use a q-tip ?

nonetheless, thanks for the info !

Spray directly and avoid using qtips they tend to leave small pieces of cotton lent. You can use a new tooth brush to scrub. Just make sure you unplug and let the solution dry. If you don't have Deoxit D5, get 99% Isopropyl Alcohol. Dab on the brush and clean it. Also check other components make sure they are clean.

But first use a new nylon paint brush and then compressed air to blow out any dust. Then clean the components.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:35 am
narcoticnoise wrote:sounds great! thanks for the detailed information. i really appreciate it!

deoxit d5

Look for 950ml Bottle of 99+% Pure Isopropyl Alcohol Industrial Grade IPA Concentrated Rubbing Alcohol.
P.S. KEEP IT AWAY from HEAT!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: