Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By omarphi215 Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Peace folks. I have an mpc 2000xl with a CF reader installed. I also have, well had a Zip drive which is no broken...I am in the process of moving all of my sounds, projects, samples loops etc on ONE external drive.

Question is.l, If I order a Zip drive with USB, can I save the files from the disk and simply load them into my computer or directly into the mpc live? Reason I put it in the 2000xl forum is I’m saving from the 2000 and I had issues..not sure if it’s the file type. Any tips on moving cd flash files and Zip drive files?
By CharlesRandolph Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:45 pm
omarphi215 wrote:Peace folks. I have an mpc 2000xl with a CF reader installed. I also have, well had a Zip drive which is no broken...I am in the process of moving all of my sounds, projects, samples loops etc on ONE external drive.

Question is.l, If I order a Zip drive with USB, can I save the files from the disk and simply load them into my computer or directly into the mpc live? Reason I put it in the 2000xl forum is I’m saving from the 2000 and I had issues..not sure if it’s the file type. Any tips on moving cd flash files and Zip drive files?

You can load 2000XL projects into the MPC Live/X or Akai Software 2.0. Some things maybe a little off, but not much.