Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By loudmusic Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:16 pm
So I loaded a bunch of files onto my CF card for my MPC2000XL. I go to load them and it says it can't do it because they are not "PCM" wav.

Is there a way I can convert all these sounds to PCM wav (from some other format of wav) all at once?
By peterpiper Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:34 pm
You should find out what causes the problem. Where do you get the wavs fom or in which software did you create/record/save them? The 2000xl need 16bit / 44,1kHz samples so the problem might be that your samples got higher bitdepth. You probably already got a software that can handle this. So what software do you use to record/save samples? Even some Media Players can convert audio.
If you don't have software that can batch convert you can also download cockos reaper (yes it seem to be a bit over the top to use a DAW for this issue but since it is small (12MB), portable, Win mac and linux, and 30day free to use why not use its batch convert for this :))

https://www.reaper.fm/download.php

go to FILE > BATCH FILE/ITEM CONVERTER
use these settings (you should choose another directory if you don't want to overwrite the original files)

peace