Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Wise Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:41 pm
Is it possible to use a USB to SCSI adapter on the MPC2000XL. That way you can connect the MPC to your computer and save stuff like that. I saw the adapter for like $60 and wanted to buy it, but wasn't sure if it would work like that.

By featherboy Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:52 pm
No.......it would be great if they did work, but the computer won't have a driver to see what is on the MPC & the MPC won't be able to see what is on the computer.

These things are only useful for connecting old SCSI gear to a USB port on a computer, & at $60, in many cases it would be just as cheap to get a newer, USB version of whatever the SCSI hardware is.

By mpc3000 Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:58 pm
It works and I have one. It requires a intermediate SCSI device (Zip, CF reader, drive) between the device and the MPC. THe operation is exactly like that of the venerable MPC1000. I just take the USB connection slap it to the computer and save away. Go to the MPC and load.

And yes, this has been mentioned more than once here already so the archives have more details.

By featherboy Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:21 pm
So.... I would connect one of these to the second SCSI port on the back of my Zip & a USB port on my Mac, & both the Mac & MPC will read the Zip?!?! Should the SCSI termination on the Zip still be switched to "On"?

By binger0 Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:07 pm
bump

By skribble Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:59 pm
so this connection would work if i wanted 2 use a usb zip drive with the mpc

By unkle1234 Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:08 pm
mpc3000 wrote:It works and I have one. It requires a intermediate SCSI device (Zip, CF reader, drive) between the device and the MPC. THe operation is exactly like that of the venerable MPC1000. I just take the USB connection slap it to the computer and save away. Go to the MPC and load.

And yes, this has been mentioned more than once here already so the archives have more details.

Would this work wit hthe akai s3000xl aswell?
is there any way of converting .wav files to the s3000xl format .s3
does nayone know if you can open mpc2000xl .snd files on the s3000xl? i have never tried this but will later this evening

By M.ic P.ro C.rusher Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:42 pm
mpc3000 wrote:It works and I have one. It requires a intermediate SCSI device (Zip, CF reader, drive) between the device and the MPC. THe operation is exactly like that of the venerable MPC1000. I just take the USB connection slap it to the computer and save away. Go to the MPC and load.

So, just to clarify

SCSI from MPC to Zip
SCSI/USB adapter from SCSI out on zip to USB port on my PC

Also, as Featherboy asked (LAST YEAR!?!?!?! :shock: , wow old post!) the TERM switch on my Zip should be OFF, right?

By CHARLIEHALL Sat May 06, 2006 9:37 pm
can i please see a pic of this setup so I can shut alot of mouths out here.

By nanoloop Sun May 07, 2006 11:31 am
does it allow, dumping of sounds direct to RAM like sdmi or do they just end up both sharing the same zip drive. and need to be loaded into mpc memory.

By orjanbeats Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:30 pm
So, in this way, the MPC and the computer could share a zip drive?

Or do I need 2 zip drives?

Anybody please confirm what's right!!! :D

By Smoove03 Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:13 am
hmm..sounds tight. i never thought it would work out like that...

By EMFinite Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:16 am
tried a search and couldnt find any details..

did anyone try this? any details??

By karl2kxl Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:58 am
the mpc and computer would share the same zip drive. you would save files to it on the pc and then load them in the mpc. i can see big issues if the pc and mpc tried to access the zip at the same time...