Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
ByJimmy_J_Breeze Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:50 pm
Hi,

I am thinking about getting an MPC as the loop function on my QY700 is unsatisfactory.

When setting up a loop on the MPC sequencer can you just play a passage of any length, stop. Then loop the passage at any points you like?

Or do you have to predetermine the length of the loop before hand then make sure the desired performance fits within the time frame of the preset loop?

Cheers

By ieism Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:55 am
You'll have to enter a length as well. But it's not that much of an issue. If you've set it to 10 sec. and your loop is only 6 sec. you can just loop the part you want, and discard the rest. You can also press stop at any time.
I ussually keep it at 10 sec., start recording and hit stop as soon as i've got my two bars.

Have a look at the looping tutorial on this site.

ByJimmy_J_Breeze Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:45 pm
Hi,

You are talking about a sequenced passaged, yes?

Not a sample..... I need to be able to compose a passage made up of several samples then cut the sequenced passage at any point then loop it... Is this possible on the MPC2000xl?

If it is I'm getting one, the QY700 is crap with loops!

Cheers

By mpc3000 Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:50 pm
Yes, you can do this with the MPC2k series.

for example, you can have a sequence that is 24 bars long, but set it to loop just bars 10-17.

I do not remember if this can be set (or re-set) while the MPC is playing. I am sure someone can let us know.

ByJimmy_J_Breeze Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:44 am
4 sure... But could you cut the 1st bar for instance then loop it at the cut point?

By Pore Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:46 am
yep, you can chop it at any point and discard any unneeded sounds, then loop it.