Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Boogie Man Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:19 am
but why do people want to use a computer sequencer when you have an MPC???? I can understand using a computer to record traks(which I still am not feeling either, Im a hardware kind of guy), but why even spend the dough on an MPC if your just going to dump everything into Logic or Cubase??? just wondering.

By elmacaco Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:14 am
I recently started using my 60 as master seq with almost all my midi gear. I like it better, but it will take some getting used to for song structure and ish.

By Ron Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:24 am
I use the computer to convert the midi info and out board sounds to audio tracks. Each track is seperated.
Example:
track 1. Kick
track 2. Snare
ect. ect. ect.... so on and so forth.
After all tracks are seperated and mono to mono tracks / stereo to stereo I will begin to give it a pre mix then lay vocals. The vocalist will have a good ideal of what is to be expected dynamically from the song and give a better performance. Next I pray and mix the whole song down. This is how I use the computer as a DAW. Not pre production. That is what the MPC is for...
Hope this helps and i understood your question....

By maddog Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:22 am
i often wonder myself i see many threads about mpc vs pc.

ByDoNDeEBoOgiE Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:19 am
I hear Ya!
But the best and easy way to put it is that you need the PC to lay the vocals if your using vocals in your track. I love programing my MPC!!!!! But I need my PC for my vocals! :wink: