Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By ABENDs806 Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:54 pm
i know that this is often asked question, but i need some help

primary i have worked with a yamaha a3000. now i decide to make my mpc to my main sampler. i´m grapping audio-sample from CD into my laptop (without SCSI-connection). after that i want to transfer them to the MPC2000XL. I am doing this with the floppy option, but the restriction of this device type are well kown. I save the wav-file on the MPC connected external ZIP-drive. I also have an SCSI CD-ROM for the MPC.
now, what is the best way to transfer from the laptop to the MPC? should i buy an CD-Writer for the LAPTOP and burne a CD- for the transfer. is it difficult to burne a cd on the laptop which should be readable from the MPC? or should i buy another ZIP drive, a parallel zip drive for the laptop? are there kown problems of reading ZIP files by the MPC written from WINDOWS(2000)?
any help and practial experience are very wellcome

By MPC-Tutor Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:59 pm
If you format your zip disk in Windows you'll be fine. MPC formatted disks cant be read by Windows systems using NTFS formatting. Zip drives are probable the most common way to transfer. CD is also fine with an MPC2000xl - burn to Joliet or ISO9660 - works both ways. For other questions, check out the zip FAQ on this site.

By mpc3000 Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:14 pm
"I also have an SCSI CD-ROM for the MPC"

Have you tried putting the CD in this reader to read?

Otherwise you should just be able to just write a bunck of wav files to a CD for loading.

By ABENDs806 Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:41 pm
Thank you for your replies. i decided to buy a parallel ZIP for my laptop, because somebody told me, that a SCSI connection from the ZIP drive to the cd-rom (i also want to save the transfered wav files on that SCSI ZIP) are very expensive. more than an used parallel zip drive on ebay...