Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Prah_860_ Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:49 am
when i midi my sequences up thru my MPC......i wanna save the settings and sounds (i.e. volume, panning, instruments) it won't work....when i load it ....it is set on one instrument for all tracks.... i want to be able to set it up so i don't have to load anything but the MPC data....is there a way to do it? do i have to put a disk in the keyboard too?...i thought midi was suppose top read all that!

thanx in advance

By Prah_860_ Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:21 am
:shock:

By DeckMusicJD$ Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:23 am
i got a trinity rack and i'm having that same problem, and its a pain in the ass, anyone got a solution to this?

By Prah_860_ Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:54 am
DeckMusicJD$ wrote:i got a trinity rack and i'm having that same problem, and its a pain in the ****, anyone got a solution to this?

a solution i know will work is use disks for both machines....but i was hoping for an easier solution!.....i would say whaz the use.......i could just track something with the keyboard without the mpc( thus mpc useless) ....i was seeing that ppl on here praise their mpc so i thought they would have a solution.......so i could bring other instruments into my productions

By Mddl Fngr Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:37 pm
When I want to save data from my Roland (jv 1080) I do a midi dump of the patch or performance data..... and it saves the effects, assigned midi channels, pan.. etc. so when I play the sequence in the MP, my JV has its info set.

I don't remember where I read it (I tried lookin but couldn't find it again) but I believe there is a SysEx message to request such info that could be inserted in the MP via step record... but I assume this is different with each keyboard.

hope the info helps