ByJustaren Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:57 pm
ight check it out...

first i have

mpc2000xl
mixer
korg triton
PC

ight check it out...

i have my mpc2000xl as my sequencer and the korg triton is used to bring sounds to the mpc2000xl all connected by midi cables.....to the mixer to the pc in LINE IN.....so i can only record one track at a time with cooleditpro .which is gay....

i was wondering if i get a PC-TO-SOUND MODULE

http://www.computersandmusic.com/xc...6681524#dbk-100

if i connect this to my mpc2000xl and Pc with the PC-to sound-module....will i get the tracks all in one time.....with the sounds...

so basically what im asking is HOW CAN I GET MY KORG SOUNDS and MPC2000xl as my sequencer and to be RECORDED into my PC by COOLEDITPRO or FRUITYLOOPS or any software that you would suggest....

www.soundclick.com/writewords

EMail me please or AIM me : Justaren
By phillythump Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:53 pm
I'm not familiar with cool edit or Fruity loops that well but it sounds like you'll have to run the outs from your mixer into the sound card on your pc......and you really should record one track at a time or at least break the tracks up so you can edit and add effects to certain tracks ....

By phillythump Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:54 pm
p.s. the sounds of course will be recorded as wav files i believe so make sure you have tons of memory and a nice size hard drive ......I'm sure some body else outthere can elaborate on what I'm saying ...

Good Luck

ByJustaren Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:14 pm
i got what your saying though..thanks man...

By ieism Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:02 pm
I couldn't get the link to work, so i'm not sure about the pc-to-sound thing.
But you should be able to record your tracks into your computer one at a time. It depends on the program you're using and the speed of your computer how many tracks you can record. It also helps if you have a decent soundcard.
I can get to about 35 tracks on my pc, but i think Cooledit has a limited number of tracks.
The trick with any of these programs is, you have to sync your mpc and pc to keep the timing of your tracks acurate. I'm pretty sure you can sync Cooledit in multitrack mode with Midi Time Code. I've posted a couple of times already on how to do this, so you should be able to find some hints on this forum.