Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By befocused Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:29 am
mpc 2000 or 4000 I already have the motif 6 and aw16g
whazup is the 4000 just hype and alot of bugs
should i just get the 2000xl and freak wit it
Does anyone else have a motif and mpc if so speak up give me the heat and let me know whazup.
I thought this would be the best place to find out.

By thynctank Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:52 am
What's goin on, dude.

If you're mostly using the MPC as a tap pad for beats, you might wanna look into just grabbing an MPD. If you're honestly looking for another sampler (I've got 3 different samplers at the moment) or a sophisticated sequencer, then which MPC to chose is a matter of the level of needs you have.

The MPC4K has crazy capabilities as far as space, connectivity, and manageability/manipulation of sounds. MPC2K has been around longer and may have fewer bugs. (I've never used a 4K so I can't speak on that) It's a solid sequencer/sampler for a fraction of the cost of the 4K, and the pads will work just as well on either.

What are you looking to use it for? As a drum machine? As a triggering device for drums on your Motif? You trying to record key sequences into it? If it's as a sampler, remember you've already got a sampler on that Motif. Course, the MPC is a nice laid-back sampler with not too many bells and whistles to confuse the **** out of you, and that might be good for you if lots of options is a pain.

Whatever, that's my two cents. I wouldn't blow cash on a 4K personally unless I got signed or had mad projects. Especially when you've got all the sounds on the Motif under your nose.

-tank.

mpc

By befocused Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:43 pm
i want it for the pads and sequencer. it will make life alot easier the mtif has alot of features but the time it takes to put them to use i could have made 10 more tracks. also sound and timing of my drums just dont sound as good. i am learning the keyboard but for drums this is a bit of a hassle