Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By skalawa Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:16 pm
Greeetings, Bless-
ppls, an article to actually have a tutorial on transfer of samples from the 8) (M-usicians P-aradise C-omethrough) machine to the computer and vice-versa, whether it be by formatted? zip disks, or scsi transfers, mpc formated hard drives and the likes. also the use of external cd roms for loading sample cds, if you ever want to do that, and basically the different methods of actually having your pc talk to your mpc,
bless...

By MPC-Tutor Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:34 pm
There's no tutorial on this as the MPC dont talk to PCs - it would be a mighty short tutorial! NO SCSI transfers at all - all transfers have to be done manually by swapping disks (unless you wish to put yourself through the torture of a MIDI sample dump ) :D

There's plenty of info about compatibility, transferring files and zip drives in the FAQ section of this site.

By skalawa Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:11 pm
WELL thank you for that rather short, but informative reply- and i must say i do agree with you about mpc dont talk to pc :wink:

bless

By xkwest Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:45 pm
you talk quite proper....
i see your from london...

By MPC-Tutor Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:14 pm
LOL, nobody from London talks proper, we're all cockney geezers who talk in rhyming slang.

Easy guvnor, apples & pears an' all that. Fancy a jellied eel? 8)

By xkwest Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:21 am
yeah.... i watched that movie "snatch"... the one with brad pitt as a piker/pikee.... lol... that movie is a classic....

By elmacaco Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:22 am
what the hell is a pikee? I loved the movie, but always wondered that.

By MPC-Tutor Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:44 am
Pikee = gypsy (travellers who live in caravans known for their less than friendly nature)

By elmacaco Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:14 pm
cool, thanks, any idea where pikee came from?