Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Season Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:07 pm
Before someone tells me to go to the FAQ's page (which I have gone to but it doens't really help) please read and respond if you can help me. I've been creating sequences and now want to start saving them on a zip disk. Today, I finished a sequence and tried to save it but I got all messed up....plus when I tried to put in a new zip disk it wouldn't go into my MPC....what does this mean? I have a few sample disks that I use and they work fine...but mabey I didn't buy the right kind....it is a 250. I have been hitting "load/save" and then once I get there I am not sure what to do....I also have a external CDR Drive that I use for sample CD's.....is this an option? Can I just save my stuff to a disk instead? I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanx a lot.

Again, I read the FAQ page but all it did was confuse me. Thanx.....Season.

By ieism Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:42 pm
You can not save to a CDR (if you can, let me know :wink: ).
You can save a sequence to a zip though. But you still need the
samples/programs that are used in the sequence to make noize.
I'm not going to tell you to read the FAQ. Instead i'm telling you to read the manual :lol:
If this is all a bit too much for you, if you save as APS. file you will have all your sequences, samples, programs etc. Give it a try.

By freddy fresh Sun Jul 13, 2003 3:03 pm
save your sequence as .all file
this saves sequence data only

By mpc3000 Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:35 pm
"I tried to put in a new zip disk it wouldn't go into my MPC"

Zips disks don't fit in floppy drives.

Even if you did have a Zip drive (which you didn't even state whether you did) you need the correct Zip disk for the drive. 250 or 100.