Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By EntouRAJ Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:25 am
ok, I know there are many threads on this issue....even a few posted by me.....

we all know about the note assignment mystery with the pads and banks on the MPC.....i'm not lazy and have tried to do this a few times(which takes a lot of time... every time)....i can set the note assignment in order for the pads....but i can't realy apply to the midi or when i save it as a .pgm, it loads back up to the standard order??????

i was wondering if anyone has a .pgm file that works fortheir pad/not assignment in the MIDI channel settings on their MPC....also, I've seen many posts/threads for this issue....and was maybe suggesting either a download for this on the site, or a quick tutorial(for those that still have questions on it)....you can email me at [email protected] if you do have it and feel like sharing it.....thanks

Bysilkysmell Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:47 am
i got one! buts its actually an .aps file not a .pgm file.
maybe thats the reason!?! try to save it as a .aps file wihich you can load up at the beginning of everey session.
but bro, theres is a litle trick how to get the choramatic assignment:
load up a sample chop it up with the zoneslice feature, let it create a new programm. boom there ya go the new programm should be chromatic!!

peace

By MPC-Tutor Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:43 am
There's a blank program contained in the new Recycle part 2 tutorial. You have to load it up each time you create a new program and all the MIDI notes run in order on the pads.
By PLATINUM1 Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:21 pm
The way I do it is to put themin order , then save it as a .pgm. Load the pgm . hopefully you are trying to have them in order to control another instrument. But anyway when you get ready to play asign it to one of the drums 1-4. the pads will play in order as long as you keep your drum on the 1 you assigned it to. this will only work when you are using external sounds. hope this helps.