Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
Bycadillac anderson Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:12 pm
Okay so I've got an MPC2k. I don't have the 8 outs. I'm borrowing my friends AW4416 and I'm tryin to figure out the best way to record the seperate tracks from an instrumental on my MPC into the multitracker.
I figure the best way would be to individually record each track solo using some type of MIDI synch or MTC between the two units but I'm definitely not an expert on MIDI. So if anyone has any general knowledge on this, or better yet, specific info on how to get these two units to play together, that would be greatly appreciated. Peace!

Bycadillac anderson Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:49 pm
i dont know if its the name or what, but i can't get any love on these posts. i know one of yall knows somethin.

By MPC-Tutor Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:06 am
The MIDI tutorial on this site shows exactly how to do what you want. You can solo tracks and record one at a time or record lots of tracks in unison if you have the 8 outs to spearate them.

Bycadillac anderson Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:14 am
word...i'll try it
By Infinity Machine Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:57 pm
without the 8 outs on you mpc... u can basically have all the instruments seperate on your mpc(one instrument per track) and record one at a time to the aw4416 if u dont mind the time it will take. Midi up the 4416 with the MPC and than when u play it each time it will fall into place everytime. Remember its a little time consuming compared to having 8 outs on the mpc and 8 on the yamaha. But walkin a mile as oppose to riding a mile... you see and learn more and appreciate it. If u find any of the tracks off a hare of a second which can happen... find an open track on the 4416 and copy from the track that is off a hare and paste to the new track(just remember to push it up or put it back a hare to be on time). As i said a little work bein put in...but u will be respected for knowing your machines. Peeeace !!!