Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By ess kode NZ Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:45 am
Sup,

I've been thinking about buying a 2000XL for quite some time now after 12 months of using Reason on my PC, and I have recently been diagnosed with chronic RSI, so this has limited my computer use to around 90% - which basically means I cannot produce on my PC any longer using the mouse.
So I went into my local music store today and found i could order a 2000XL within a matter of days - i'm going to put it on HP. Of late i've been doing all the research i can on the MPC and i really think its the right way to go, however, i've never actually used one, or seen one being used, and i've never even seen one in real life before! - so i'll be relying mainly on the manual and what i can find on the internet. I think i'm pretty good with logic and I can learn relatively fast - shit, i've practically mastered Reason the last 12 months which aint easy.
What would y'all do? Is this the right decision? Do you think the MPC will end all my problems with RSI seeing as though there are no cramped hand positions for extended periods?
cheers
ess.

By dubmunkey Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:57 am
id go with the mpc mate- of course you may soon develop 'pad-hitting' rsi :lol:
By ess kode NZ Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:49 pm
dubmunkey wrote:id go with the mpc mate- of course you may soon develop 'pad-hitting' rsi :lol:

yeah man, shit i hope not, haa.
ess.