Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000

By McSmooth Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:24 pm
dstruction wrote:Image

i like this one

Personally, I did not like the SE1 and SE2. Actually, I didn't like my classic grey and I painted it (people kept asking if it was an old computer). Then I got one of those (SE3). Its my favorite shell by far! Its got the chrome look, but it doesn't smudge as badly as real chrome. The black pads actually look dirtier.

By EnzoJehnzo Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:38 am

By theStudent Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:23 pm
^^^ That's what's up!

Now if I can just hook mine up with a card reader instead of the floppy, it'll be *all* good

By mrcrappypantson Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:07 pm
Lady bug pads....
My opinion on this issue is the OG color is Akai.
By 5U-7_(7ON) Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:34 pm
I'm having a hard time finding any information that further explains the implications set forth by this webpage:

http://www.loopers-delight.com/tools/ak ... C2000.html

The author cites a difference between the original oatmeal 2000XL (introduced Sept. 1999) and another oatmeal 2000XL SE-1 (introduced Sept. 2000). The maroon SE-1, the orange SE-2, and the chrome SE-3 are said to have the same functionality as the latter of the two oatmeal chassis editions.

The site says, under the description for the oatmeal SE-1, "Improvements: Control surface, compatible with growing number of sound libraries (E-Mu, etc.)"

What the hell does this mean? The control surface seems identical to the original XL. Could this be referring to simply the silk screened text (like possibly clearer font, updated names of operations)? I have not seen an SE-1 in person, so I have no idea if the decals read differently or not. Also, what made the second version "compatible with growing number of sound libraries (E-Mu, etc.)"? Is it the updated OS? Or is the CPU itself updated?

I have an oatmeal 2000XL. I have no idea which version it is. If it turns out to be from the first generation, what am I missing out on/unable to upgrade to that the subsequent versions carried standard?

Anyone with expertise on this topic?
By Lampdog Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:46 pm
I have an orange 2kxlse2. It is EXACTLY the same as your oatmeal.
Only differences are faceplate color. That's it.
By Lampdog Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:22 pm
OUt of all the pads I've touched I think the 2kxlse2 has THEE softest pads of ALL mpc's.
I think it's something in the mixture of colored rubbers (no, not THOSE rubbers).

By Harmoncj Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:31 pm
I want those dinosaur egg pads so badly
By Lampdog Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:01 pm
The softest ever man for real. The white part is glow in the dark neon green. The more sunlight it gets the more it glows. Mine sits in a brightly lit room near a window. Neon is bright as hell when the room gets dark.