Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000

By mrcrappypantson Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:21 am
1000 user perhaps...

mastering is an art....

By DustByte Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:46 pm
some good tips on that thread...

By Krux Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:41 am
head034 wrote:Put a long sample on a pad. Then go to the parameters page and set the overlap to MONO. Highlight the ATTACK or DECAY value and hit Open Window. Make these settings:
Attack: 0
Start: 100
Level: 0
Go to the main screen and set the 16 levels to velocity using the pads you just programmed it Chops the sample automatically, but not accurately. Adjusting the Levels Field mentioned above sets the start point of sample. Tapping pads in order 1 to 16 sounds like sample is rewinding. Results vary depending on the sample……but it’s worth checking out.

By rondiesel Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:40 am
the mixer in the mpc is good if you dont have a hardware mixer yourself,
its nice to have it at your fingertips right inside your mpc (IN MY OPINION)

however
theres no science involved with making beats
as long as you know your technology...its 100% soul and everybody has a different one so let the Father work

By multiman Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:58 am
While recording or just in play back mode hold the tap tempo button and press any pad for drum roll, for those of you who didn't know.

and if you hold down the tap tempo and press 'MAIN SCREEN' the note repeat will stay so you can use both hands to do drumrolls. when your done you press tap tempo to quit the note repeat function.

By Gambles Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:17 pm
multiman wrote:
While recording or just in play back mode hold the tap tempo button and press any pad for drum roll, for those of you who didn't know.

and if you hold down the tap tempo and press 'MAIN SCREEN' the note repeat will stay so you can use both hands to do drumrolls. when your done you press tap tempo to quit the note repeat function.

Thats a new one for me. Good looks. Can't wait till get home and try it out.

Uno/1

Gams

By Smoove03 Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:12 pm
multiman wrote:

thats tight! thanks
By psitech Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:37 pm
MARCODANE79 wrote::? While recording or just in play back mode hold the tap tempo button and press any pad for drum roll, for those of you who didn't know.

also... earlier and later works with this too... atleast on the xl

try this for example:

1. record closed hihats with note repeat and timing set to 8th and earlier/later at zero value

2. go to timing and press open window, set for example later at maximum value (23) and timing still set to 8th... then go to main screen and and press play hold note repeat and press a pad with... say a ghost hit

this in combination with the hihats on 8th will give a nice standard roll... even though the timing is set to 8th it will play 16th but not every 16th..

By Jacpot Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:51 pm
yeah i toyed wit dat^^^

By placebo Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:39 am
Nice Delay.

first loop your sample. shift + trim ->loop. select sound you want to loop and then press shift + program -> params. Set Decay to 100 . Press pad. hold it. release

sample needs to be relatively short.

but Im not sure if you guys already knew this trick.. :oops:
Last edited by placebo on Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Smoove03 Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:17 pm
if anyone cares, I think this should be a sticky :idea:

By mrcrappypantson Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:34 pm
Smoove03 wrote:if anyone cares, I think this should be a sticky :idea:

agreed