Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By stinktank Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:58 pm
concepts wrote:My problem is everything i play back in the main screen is lower in volume. it does not equal the source volume or the playback volume in sample mode.

is this a feature on the XL? Is the mpc2000xl suppose to be like this to reserve head room? or is there something wrong with my XL?

No. That doesn't sound right.

But setting the vol at 200 in the trim screen definitely makes the sample louder in the main screen (why would they even have it go beyond 100 if it made no difference). Any fresh perspectives on this?
By concepts Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:30 am
concepts wrote:
Krux wrote:In program mode your sample's level is set to 70 by default.

Is that it?

^^^I went through the whole manual twice and can not find this. Is he talking about the midi volume in program/drum?

My problem is everything i play back in the main screen is lower in volume. it does not equal the source volume or the playback volume in sample mode.

I initialized everything. trim/parameter = 100, track volume = 100%, and full level on. am i missing something?

is this a feature on the XL? Is the mpc2000xl suppose to be like this to reserve head room? or is there something wrong with my XL?

i remember my mpc3000 would just play back what i sample perfectly, no adjustments needed.

thanks in advance

Am I the only one having this problem? Is my 2000xl defected? I dont have another mpc to test so if someone can confirm this for me id be really grateful. TIP, use a mixer to monitor the level. Thanks in advance.
By nogginj Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:53 pm
Could it maybe be related to your main level output setting? I know there is a way to globally adjust the main out...maybe this is only active in main mode and you have it set a little low. When you are in trim mode it might be off, and that would explain it...just something to check.
Double check all your velocity settings, (level, filter, attack, sample start).
An audio example might help too.
By concepts Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:37 pm
Thats what it sounds like but i initialized (factory reset) everything 3 times in a row and its still the same. I did use a sample to test it and i also used my mixer to monitor, its about 3db lower in playback/main screen mode.

are you not having problems with this? i still havent ruled out my main outputs. can you check for me? i want to upgrade.. swtich from my 3000 but this is the only thing stopping me. thanks
By disco technique Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:36 am
i've noticed for many years that playback in trim mode is louder than on the main screen/program mode, at full velocity, filter at 100, volume at 100, mixer levels at full. on the xl and classic.

i wonder what additional processing is being applied, and where, other than in trim mode??

hmmmm
By Manifestbeats Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:31 pm
I just decided to dig into this problem , I have ignored it for about a year or 2 now. It's very strange , it seems to be that the trim in sample edit audio is absolute raw audio. And the program audio is some sorta of mpc user friendly ( they try and predict what they think you will need it to sound like ) setting. I have tried everything to get the program edit audio to be raw, and no matter what it is never as loud as the sample trim screen. My problem isn't that it's a few dbs difference and nobody will notice , my problem is after I have been working on a beat and I later go in to do some edit trim work, I am like "damn!" How to I get that sound , that is how I want my sample to sound , clear and loud just like that. Even tho it's a few decibels I think there is something else going on that flattens the sound. Maybe it's a gain change instead of volume ? I dont know , I just know that trim edit volume is how I want my samples to sound when I am making my beat. I guess what I am asking is , not how or why one is louder or quieter , but how do I make the sample I am working with sound how it does when I play it through trim window. That's what I need. Also I just notice this is from 2010, maybe somebody has figured this out by now ?