Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By originalbeat Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:51 pm
why sometime my zip drive 100 write in the display of my mpc 2k classic
scsi read error?

By pt3r Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:30 pm
Because sometimes your mpc encounters a scsi error upon communication with the zip drive.

By originalbeat Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:53 pm
can i fix this problem? how?

By pt3r Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:25 pm
Depends, on what causes the problem, does it happen during loading or saving of data? Does it happen always with the same files or the same disk?

By pt3r Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:03 am
Is it always with the same disk or does it happen with every disk ?

By originalbeat Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:55 am
this happen with the all files and all zip disk.

By pt3r Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:04 pm
Well then you either have a broken scsi cable, or a zip drive that is dying on you. My guess it's your zipdrive that is dying, especially since the error does not appear all the time.
Solution: buy a new zip drive.

By destruktiv Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:25 pm
or the fuse is broken

By pt3r Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:16 pm
I thought about that one as well but since the error does not appear all the time it seems very unlikely the scsi fuse is broken.

By r-cuisine Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:35 pm
I had that happen too many times. normaly when my drive was on its way out, those machines are so **** unreliable its unreal (there must be enough heads whove encountered no problems at all with em, im envious..)

anways.. if your gonna buy a new drive, ditch SCSI and get a CF reader, serious, then all you need is one card, and archive all your APS&SEQ and samples on your pc. brought a £12 USB CF reader, for the pc, and that reads everything str8 off the CF hard, its very quick transfering to and from too. shit used to take ages saving / loading from zipz and stuff....
rant over...

By pt3r Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:26 pm
SCSI card readers (we're talking MPC2000 classic here) are not that easy to find anymore.

By jamrock Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:02 pm
i have got a similar problem,, my mpc 2000xl is not readin my zip or hard drive. can someone pls direct me 2 where i can get a new scsi fuse and where its located on my mpc, IT IS KILLIN ME, NOT BEING ABLE 2 USE MY 2000XL. thx HELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

By Fung45 Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:11 pm
If it's the fuse it usually ways "Wait....." and never reacs the drive. If its the drive it will sometimes detect it but not be able to read the disks that's when you get the "SCSI error". The first guy it sounds like your drive or cable is messed up or your disks aren't formatted properly. What type of files are you trying to load?

By Bobby Walla11 Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:20 am
This has happened to my mpc aswell, it does it with 2 diff zip drives and every disk, it just says wait... and does nothing i have to turn it off then back on. where is the scsi fuse located? i cant find it in the manual.