Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Fung45 Sat May 09, 2009 2:26 am
itsowheeze wrote:any suggestions for a correct mounting plate for the 8 outs for the s2000. I have recently purchased an akai s2000. I have installed the eb16 and I have just taken out the 8 outs on the s2000. I am trying to put it back in the mpc 2000xl. Does anybody have any good ideas on the proper way to mount the 8 outs in the mpc. Thanks

Yes, read the post directly above yours.^^
By jonestown massacre Sat May 09, 2009 2:36 am
lmfao!! Nice Fung, you took the words right out of my mouth (or text right out of my reply) :lol:
By itsowheeze Sat May 09, 2009 9:37 pm
Joakim_L wrote:Just got me the expansion from a s2000, mounted it without the plate using mounting nuts on the outputs.

But the floppy cable is the thing i dont know how to fix really. The cable is fixed to the expansion board. So it seems I cant exchange it with another. Someone fixed this? Is the only way to solder a new cable to it?

What would be the proper mounting nuts. This seems like a far easier solution than trying to mount it. What outputs did you put the mounting nuts on and what type of mounting nuts did you use. Any Help would be greatly appreciated thanks
By itsowheeze Sat May 16, 2009 2:02 am
I am trying to install the 8 outs in the mpc. I am coming into a bit of a problem though. I am trying to figure out how do I get the ribbon cables to connect to each other. The ribbon cable from the IB208P isnt long enough to connect to the port in the mpc 2000xl. Can anybody remedy this situation. Thanks
By _Stilo_ Sat May 16, 2009 9:20 pm
itsowheeze wrote:The ribbon cable from the IB208P isnt long enough to connect to the port in the mpc 2000xl. Can anybody remedy this situation. Thanks

If you don't need your floppy ribbon cable, because you replaced it with something more usefel, then take that, like I did.

Cheers.
By hamual Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:25 pm
I know this topic is a few months old now but I found it really useful when fitting my 8 output board from an S2000, so I thought I'd take a few photos in the process (its my first one, very unlikely to do another), anyone who needs help etc with theirs, just email me at [email protected]
Thanks!
Thats the little bugger, remove the ide cable (just wiggle) and take the one screw holding the mount in.

Now remove the board from the mounting plate, put the screws in a cup or bowl so you don't lose them!

Get your hacksaw out and cut the mount so it looks.....
like this!
Now you'll need to drill three holes in the underside of the offcut of the mount, to line up with the long gold looking bits (see pic below, mark with a pencil) and one to line up with the hole in the existing mount. I think i needed to cut a small amount from that same offcut to fit it in, you should figure it out
Use a small nut & bolt to fit the two mounts together and hey presto! I forgot to take a photo with the ribbon cable in, but check some of the old posts for that. I know people have used washers but I didn't need to as everything lined up nicely. All up and running for £60 and I've still got a working S2000, all I gotta do now is find an EB16 and I'm fully loaded :lol:
By stryke Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:53 pm
hamual wrote:http://www.lindy-usa.com/31-2-floppy-disk-drive-cable-50cm/33100.html

That one, gotta be 34pin, no more, no less. Good luck

Thanks Hamual......Appreciate that.

P.
By TheGreatGazoo Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:14 pm
This might be a stupid question, but I noticed that some of the boards in this thread has white plastic @ the digital I/O and some have black. I assume that this is different from the IB208P and the IBM208P? And if so which is which? :) Im asking because my 8 I/O board is dead apparently, and if my MPC is already fitted for the cheaper IB208P, I will replace it :)

Thanks
By izc Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:50 pm
Easy,

here comes another variation of this mod...

First we cut the metal-mount-piece from the S2000 so that it would fit into the MPC. Then we attached a perforated metal plate to the mount in order to be able to securely fix it to the case later (image #2). Before doing this, however, you’ll have to fix the board to the modified S2000-mount (image #3); For connection the 8-outs-board to the main board we used the old floppy cable from the MPC (be careful to plug it in correctly, see image #5).

Many thanks to Manfred technical assistance (or rather for letting me assist him) as well as to Clemens, Matthias & Martin for 2nd, 3rd and 4th-hand donation of their old S2000!
By bcitral Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:46 pm
WOW this post seems like years ago.

Ive converted maybe 10 boards by now with great success. THX to the great minds on this forum.

Just bought another dead 2000XL and a s3000XL donor.

All the best dudes.

B
By bcitral Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:49 pm
TheGreatGazoo wrote:This might be a stupid question, but I noticed that some of the boards in this thread has white plastic @ the digital I/O and some have black. I assume that this is different from the IB208P and the IBM208P? And if so which is which? :) Im asking because my 8 I/O board is dead apparently, and if my MPC is already fitted for the cheaper IB208P, I will replace it :)

Thanks

I had the same problem once. Never really got to the bottom of it, one IB208P worked in one MPC, didn't work in another. Just swapped them round and both worked perfectly though.

B
By globalhoops1 Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:05 am
Hi, Just a quick note of caution to anyone looking to install the board

I hadn't read this, or realised how important these points were.

1- Your 8 outs board needs to be grounded

2- You must insert the ide cable the correct way.

I didnt pay attention to these points, and it has just cost me my MPC.

Hope no one else makes the same mistake!
By bcitral Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:36 am
Id recommend NOT wearing Nylon Pants, rubbing yourself around on a nice wollen carpet and then fingering your MPC.

Static kills, careful out there kids!

ALWAYS HAVE YOUR POWER CORD PLUGGED IN, WITHOUT THE POWER ACTUALLY TURNED ON.

B