Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By bcitral Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:53 pm
Hi BlackImpact,

you just got to keep your nose to the ground my friend, nose to the ground!

B
By _Stilo_ Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:37 pm
BlackImpact wrote:Ok. I know I can't find that sort of price anywhere here in the states.

If anywhere, you can find that in the states. Look for used S2000 samplers with an 8-out expansion, they usually go for cheaper cause people often don't know what's up. And you can even resell the bare sampler afterwards.
By BlackImpact Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:07 pm
Yeah, I've been looking for that earlier in the year. They're either stripped out or they are more than $150.
Peace
S II
By bcitral Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:14 pm
Its winter and people tend to spend money on things they can do indoors. I bought 5 s2000's seperately in the UK in the summer for no more than £30 each. Some had 8 out cards, some had FX cards. Its just the luck of the draw.
I sold some of the S2000's empied for more than I bought for.
I stocked up quite a few 2000Xl's and sold twin board upgrade kits with memory.
Theres always samplers out there especialy s2000 as they are a pig to use.

Nothing beats a 2000XL and a couple of emu ultra samplers (again very cheap these days).

B

UK
By Joakim_L Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:36 pm
Ran into some problems. The sound out of the 8 outs sounds broken/distortet. But everything seems to sit as it should. Maybe the board is broken?
By _Stilo_ Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:57 pm
Joakim_L wrote:Ran into some problems. The sound out of the 8 outs sounds broken/distortet. But everything seems to sit as it should. Maybe the board is broken?

Remember to turn the volume of the Pads on the Stereo Outs down when you send them to the Ind. Outs or else both will be added.
By Joakim_L Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:05 pm
I dont think that is the problem. Though i never did what you said but i turned the volume for my main outs down on my mixer. Then i tried to play samples out of the expansion. Its not distortion because of high volume. Its more like it doesnt play it right. Hard to describe but not that kind of distortion as if there were to soundsources playing at the same time
By bcitral Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:58 pm
Haha,

Right, Ive posted on hre before regarding 8 out boards. As far as Ive come across there's two major types. The akai board and the Mutec board.

Some mutecs don't like 2000XL's for some reason. I don't know why, but some don't. I had a couple of 2000 classics in and these don't seem to have the same problems. It seems anything will work in them.

The Mutec are very hit and miss. Did you make sure you put the ribbon cable on the right way round?

B
By Joakim_L Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:23 pm
I put the ribbon cable on the same way as the original short one.

Might try to use the short one and connect the expansion. Let the board rest inside and see if it still has the same problem when listening to the outputs. If there might be a problem with the cable i used or if the expansion maybe is bad
By bcitral Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:31 am
Its not the lenght of the cable, Ive tried them with very long cables on and it makes no differenecto the noise floor.

Just some cards worked others didn't.

They were always the orange capped mutecs that didn't...if I remember right.

B
By _Stilo_ Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:24 pm
bcitral wrote:Just some cards worked others didn't.

They were always the orange capped mutecs that didn't...if I remember right.

What do you mean by "orange capped"?
By bcitral Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:11 pm
The capacitors on the audio output sections are in orange caps, can't remember which type off the top of my head.

B
By _Stilo_ Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:35 am
bcitral wrote:The capacitors on the audio output sections are in orange caps, can't remember which type off the top of my head.

Ah, alright.
By digital022 Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:15 am
I got a hold of an s2000 sampler with an 8 outs card, and I would like to swap it to my 2000xl. is the connecter detachable from the s2000 main board? Ive tried and it doesn't really give. Also, the cable is really short and I think I will need a longer one. I included a pic.