For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Budge85 Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:29 pm
Whatup. So i have an MPC 2000 and an Akai S1000. The S1000 already has the 8 outs as standard, so maybe il use that for sound and sequence with mpc for now. Anyway I've been looking at options to multitrack the sounds out to Logic rather than just the stereo outs. i am aware you can record one track at a time (or two with the panning trick) but seems a bit tedious and time consuming.

Firstly i was looking to get a Mackie mixer and an effects unit, but would probably still like individual tracks in Logic as well. Plus for now i imagine it'd be cheaper to pickup an interface with 8 inputs that would let me do this? can anybody recommend one, cheap ideally?

Also looked at the usb mixers with built in audio interface but they seem to only put out one stereo signal, unless they aren't all like that?
By Budge85 Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:28 pm
wavemartian wrote:The saffire pro 40 has 8 analog inputs and digital in and adat in. It works very well, it is firewire. You may want the scarlet range they transfer on usb

That's my cheapest option huh. I'd probs go with the motu ultra lite for the same price, but I think itd be cheaper and probably more satisfying to get a cheap mackie and an effects unit, so il go down that road! Cheers bro
By godxbOmb Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:44 am
Line mixers. That's the cheapest and easiest route. Granted you have an audio interface with less than 6 mono line inputs.

By Budge85 Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:27 am
Yeah but that to me isn't offering much more than the MPC's internal mixer. I'd want the EQs and aux sends for effects if I wernt routing the channels directly into seperate daw tracks. I do like the look of a mackie onyx for the FireWire mixer combo but they ain't cheap.
By godxbOmb Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:59 am
I see. Yeah with that line mixer you would have to use the mono out's to link with other outboard before reaching your audio interface.