For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By peterpiper Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:51 am
jibber wrote:Thanks a lot guys! You're all welcome for a beer and some bbq if you're ever around the zurich area in switzerland, just shoot a PM. :smoker: :wink:

Vorsicht ich nehm dich beim Wort wenn ich mal wieder meine Schwiegereltern am Bodensee besuche :) Die Schweiz ist schon echt schön. War vor ein paar Monaten erst in Sevelen. Schöne Gegend, super nette Leute.

peace
By krishi Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:44 am
Jibber, your room looks familiar to me, is it possible that you are the guy that sold me the S-950? lol gruess christian
By jibber Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:31 am
Peterpiper: PM sent. :wink:

Krishi: That's indeed me, haha, how small the world is... :mrgreen:
If you are up for it, we'll make a beat session with the SP1200 once i have it back from the shop. It's always nice to chill and make music with friends. Gruess Jonas :smoker:
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:46 pm
jibber wrote:TagOne: I got that vestax for 100 bucks. It was quite dusty when i picked it up, but after a good cleaning, there wasn't a single scratch on it. It's noisy as hell tho... i guess that's normal? Good enough for a couple of beginner scratches here and there anyway. :mrgreen:

Was a steal for a 100 bucks, good looking out there Jibber :nod: Unfortunately due to the fact it was an iconic scratch mixer back in the day, people try and sell them for silly prices, recently seen one on ebay for 300 bucks in a piss poor state :lol: Yeah the old Vestax mixers made in japan were noise as hell when clicking the fader, but I kind of like the sound :lol:
By Clint Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:02 pm
krishi wrote:Jibber, your room looks familiar to me

At first I thought :shock:

But then after reading the whole sentence I thought 8)
By Dabblerobb Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:58 pm

This is my current setup. I have a bunch of other stuff (Maschine studio, ableton push, eps16) no room for it. Decided to go back to hardware. Might trade the maschine drum for a tempest.
By Lampdog Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:30 pm
What happened to that little room with the p12 on that shelf?
By Dabblerobb Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:39 pm
Lampdog wrote:What happened to that little room with the p12 on that shelf?

Haha it turned into a sauna with everything on in there. Traded the prophet away too.
By Lampdog Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:04 pm
My synth craze greed is still on that p12. There are others but the p12 stays in my head. Beautifully made, crafted and just screams to be touched (judging by pics). No, I've never seen one in person and would LOVE a chance to caress it.
By medearis Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:03 am
@Jibz - Ya always gotta have at least one homie that has the tools you don't own! Makes the world go 'round!

@Robb - That is a nice setup. I'm a huge Elektron nerd. MDUW is a beast and a beauty!
By Dabblerobb Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:22 am
medearis wrote:@Jibz - Ya always gotta have at least one homie that has the tools you don't own! Makes the world go 'round!

@Robb - That is a nice setup. I'm a huge Elektron nerd. MDUW is a beast and a beauty!

The mduw is either getting traded for a tempest or for sale for a new rytm. Thanks for the compliment
By Lampdog Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:04 am
Dabblerobb wrote:
Lampdog wrote:What happened to that little room with the p12 on that shelf?

Haha it turned into a sauna with everything on in there. Traded the prophet away too.

I think I remember someone said it would be hot in there....
By Clint Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:20 pm
Lampdog wrote:I think I remember someone said it would be hot in there....

Nelly?