For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By sciguy Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:14 pm
Eh, it's a foot away, looks closer in the picture.
By jibber Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:39 pm
Finally got the SP1200 back from servicing!

Will update pics maybe, but probably too busy setting it up and making beats with it... :fku: :mrgreen: :smoker:
By jibber Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:44 pm
As promised... some updated pics.

Finally back home where it belongs. I even gave it a good clean!

Didn't have more tables around, so decided to try the new "Kallax" line from ikea, was only 29 bucks. It's a little too high for my taste, but has the perfect top dimensions. Plus i can put a few records and stuff directly where i need them. I think i'll "hacksaw" the bottom part to make it sit lower and flush with the keyboard.

It's getting a bit crowded together with the dinner table, but whatever, quite happy so far! Problem will be when i get the MPC60 working again... :mrgreen: :?

This is the opposite side of the "studio" with more records and the "chill out" area. :mrgreen:

And here's a little something i did after getting the SP back (still don't know how to link soundclould tracks here, it's the latest upload on my profile). Not really in the mood for making Hip Hop beats... didn't make beats at all since april... kinda weird beat, 3/4 timing signature, heavily downtuned samples and drums, a lot of grit and record noise (why do i service my SP if i always **** shit up with it anyway? lol... :mrgreen: )... but i like the mezmorizing simple vibe. Take it or leave it:

Peace. :smoker:
By forknspoon Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:18 am
this a minty looking 1200 my man, very clean. Nice lounge space as well... kinda jealous of this picture really... except that chair, looks uncomfortable as all hell.
By Lampdog Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:52 am
I love a clean slightly OCD'd studio. Not too much gear and nothing out of order. Besides, I'd love to kick it on that patio and have several brews while my ears are serenaded by beats.
By MFosterUk Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:11 pm

mess!
By Lampdog Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:45 pm
long time no see, wuddup.
By MFosterUk Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:32 pm
big up big lampdog!
By frspp Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:27 am
jibber wrote:I got the same blessing of thick concrete walls. In the place i lived before i could hear the neighbours saying good night to each other... :?

From a music making point of view, the place you are now looks nicer, but from the outside... that picture in the snow is beautiful, looks like a very chill place! Where is it at? You still get to go there? Looks real beautiful.

Peace.

Yeah! Soundproof room or own house is a must for music making from now on. It provides needed peace for concentration...

Cottage is located in Joutsa, Finland. https://www.google.fi/maps/place/Lehij% ... 1fccf7d750
I lived there for few months in winter and enjoyed it a lot. Now I'm in Lapland, which is also far away from cities – and it has been dope as hell. Here: https://www.google.fi/maps/place/95970+ ... d8a395bd60 and during the winter it look like this https://www.flickr.com/photos/taavipaal/13333064483/ .
By jibber Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:34 pm
^ Landscape looks nice! Show us a pic of your setup? :)

Like i said, i "hacksawed" the ikea furniture. Now the SP is at the same level as the keyboard, much better!

PS: Intersting fact: If you cut open an ikea piece, you'll find that only a small "frame" on the outsides is solid wood. The inner stuff is just very thin "wood cover" filled with a cardboard (!) structure inside... LOL!
By jibber Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:03 pm
Went to ikea and bought the last missing piece. I've decided to put the MPC60 to the far right side, anything else would clutter up the space. Maybe at some point i'll switch places with the SP or turntable, will see... for the Moment i just put it there, still needs a working screen before i can use it again. The only machine missing now is the ASR which stopped working recently (in repair now).

I even gave the 60 a clean for the first time since i've had it. The black spot at the top in the middle is dirt on the phone camera. The only scratch it has is at the bottom of the pads (that shiny spot in the dark grey area at the bottom of the pads). Besides that and a slightly yellow button row above the rec/stop/play buttons, it's in mint condition i'd say.

Will post the last pics once the ASR is back, then i'll stop spamming the thread for quite a while i think, as the setup will be complete then... :smoker:
By Lampdog Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:16 pm
NOTHING wrong with being excited about your gear!
By n4l Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:44 pm
Looking good Jibber! Didn't you also have a really nice landscape out of your living room window , on top of all of that?
By jibber Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:31 pm
Yeah, that was me. If you go back a page or two i've posted some pics updated with palm trees on the terrace... :mrgreen:

Got me a poster to further worship my SP1200, hehe... and moved the 60 to the other side (just need a working screen now)...

PS: Before you guys ask, that gun on the keyboard is not real, just a BB gun i have laying around since years as an "accessoir"... LOL! :lol:
By Matriks Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:41 am
Some pics of my place:

Equipment:
MPC 2500 SE, Stanton ST150's, Ecler HAK 380, Motif 7, Alesis Monitors, JBL Speakers, Technics Amp, a small 8-channel mixer, vinyls, etc. etc....
The drum is the one I bought when I began to Play 20 years ago :wink: