For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By SoundBarrio Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:07 am
Hi,
What's the best way of sampling audio direct from ipad into the 1k? Want to get the best quality possible but not sure what kind of cable I need or whether I need some kinda interface in between
By Fanu Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:53 am
SoundBarrio wrote:Hi,
What's the best way of sampling audio direct from ipad into the 1k? Want to get the best quality possible but not sure what kind of cable I need or whether I need some kinda interface in between

i wouldn't worry about the cable...it barely makes any difference.
get a standard 3.5 mm to 2 x 6.3 mm cable.
By Ill-Green Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:14 am
I'll say stick a small EQ in between the MPC1k and the iPad for quality samples or those mini dj mixers with the 3band EQ and cut and boost jammies would do justice.
By OldBones Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:49 pm
Old post but... I'm planning on using my old Behringer UCA222 as and interface between iPad and MPC500...

MPC should of arrived today but hasn't... Hopefully able to test tomorrow night (assuming it arrives!)
By distortedtekno Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:47 am
OldBones wrote:Old post but... I'm planning on using my old Behringer UCA222 as and interface between iPad and MPC500...

MPC should of arrived today but hasn't... Hopefully able to test tomorrow night (assuming it arrives!)

Keep us posted on how it all works out for you, and if you have any questions, let us know. The iPad is a great companion for the MPC. Not only is it an endless sample source. But it also makes a killer sound module when a few good apps are synced to MIDI.