For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By clashh Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:54 am
Hi any 1 can help me with some (noob) questions ?

how i do to sample with the s900 and 2000xl at same time? ¿is possible?

i want to use the s900 for trigger the drums and horns (via midi) and use the mpc for the main sample and bassline ?

this can be done or not ?

any trick to use both?

thanks and blessings!
By UnNorthodox Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:43 am
If your mixer has more then 1 output then you can sample at the same time...

An easier way would be to sample onto your MPC and then from one of the outputs of the MPC into the input on your s900.

(ps. use the s900 for your basslines, it has a mean lowpass filter on it)
By peeping tom Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:43 am
what he said ^^

also, a patchbay is handy.

you should really buy a fairlight for the horns tho
By MPC-Tutor Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:45 am
clashh wrote:i want to use the s900 for trigger the drums and horns (via midi) and use the mpc for the main sample and bassline ?
this can be done or not ?

Yes, the MPC is a fully-fledged MIDI sequencer, so can trigger sounds from any MIDI -enabled sound source, be it sound modules, synths or samplers like the S900. It can also simultaneously trigger its own internal samples, so the situation you describe is pretty much exactly what the MPC was built for.
By D-amazin the vinylnerd Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:27 pm
UnNorthodox wrote:If your mixer has more then 1 output then you can sample at the same time...

An easier way would be to sample onto your MPC and then from one of the outputs of the MPC into the input on your s900.

(ps. use the s900 for your basslines, it has a mean lowpass filter on it)

Yeah, use the S900 for your basslines, it will sound much doper this way or use the S900 as a filter to add color to your sound and afterwards sample it directly into the MPC 2K XL. I had a S900 a few years ago and still remember how PHAT, PUNCHY and LOW-Fi drums and basslines sound with this thing.
By clashh Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:26 am
Thanks all for the replies i appreciate your knowledge and advices.

thanks and blessings for the help.