For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By chrisf24 Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:15 am
Disclaimer: I am new to production and equipment.

First, let me start by saying that I am starting music production as a personal hobby for my down time after work, studying, gf, and working out. I am currently teaching myself piano by using an Akai MPK261 and having it hooked up to Logic Pro X. I also just purchased a Pioneer PLX-500 turntable (has usb) and started my record collection. My Problem is I just recently recorded some of my records with the software the turntable comes with and it sounds like crap. Although it is a wave file I feel a lot is lost in terms of quality. Also, when I practice piano I notice that the sound coming out of the headphone jack into my Presonus 4.5 eris speakers doesn't sound all that well. My question is what am I missing to get a better quality sound into my laptop, and out of it? why is relates to this forum is that in 4 months or so I am going to purchase the MPC X and use my record collection to start sampling. So I am looking for a solution (preferably USB-C, thanks to apple and their new MacBook Pro) that will fix my quality problem now, and future proof it for my next purchase. I read that people use a DJ mixer to hook up their turntable to the MPC to adjust for sound, but idk if that will fix my problem for my sound coming out of Logic Pro.
By chrisf24 Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:31 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:The mpcx has a built in audio interface which when connected to your computer can be used with any audio application. So basically you don't need to concern yourself, buying the mpcx will solve the interface problem.
thank you!