For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Moleisure Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:59 pm
I'm looking fore a new MPC with easier work flow plus good sound. I have a 2000xl and I'm considering the Renaissance or 2500. I'd like to use it with my 2000xl. Any advice? I'm an old head and instrumental sample based boom bap is what I do. I use vinyl almost exclusively. Any recommendations is appreciated.
By Lampdog Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:04 pm
Ren is a controller. It cannot make music without Akai computer software.

I'd say 2500.
By tapedeck Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:50 pm
id say 2500 or 1k as well with jjos. it is gonna do so much that you are gonna wish the xl could do. however there are a few things it misses too (ie. the jjos i use on my 1k doesn't have velocity->pitch which i really use a lot on xl).

im also gonna throw it out there that something like the digitakt (elektron) might blow yer mind. totally different workflow than mpc but if yer gonna keep it around anyway, might as well have the best of both worlds.

an mpc + elektron is all bases covered. two mpcs are gonna have a lot of overlap.
By Coz Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:19 am
Save up a bit more cash and buy the Live. It's easy to use, sounds fat and is a huge upgrade over the 2KXL.

I wouldn't invest any time in the Ren if I was given one for free and paid to use it.
By Lampdog Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:29 am
tapedog wrote:an mpc + elektron + midi kybd is all bases covered and.....

By starmanwarz Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:04 am
Im not sure why you would want to have 2 MPCs.

Anyway, 2500 with jj is a good option but I personally didn't like it's sound. Saving up for a Live is worth it imo.

Or you could just get a digitakt like tapedeck said and have the best of both worlds. I have a digitakt and Live and I'm very happy with them.