For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By jenky Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:53 pm
I'm new to the forum and actually do not own an MPC. My boyfriend has an MPC1000 and I'm hoping to help him with some new equipment to move forward...

He's been producing on the MPC1000 for about four years and has Ableton installed but has yet to get his beats on the computer and seems unsure in what equipment he should get next. A good friend of ours, who also produces music, suggested I get a synthesizer. However, our friend isn't familiar with the MPC and isn't sure what might be best.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The only information I can offer is that my bf has the MPC1000 which is what he uses almost exclusively. He has the Maschine as well but he never invested much time in it. He also has dabbled in some scratching but, again, hasn't done much.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!
By Lampdog Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:15 pm
WELCOME to you and your boyfriend.

Budget is important, what is your budget?

That will dictate what kybds you end up getting.

Some keyboards have no sounds inside (kybd midi controllers), some do.

Some kybds can be used exclusively (workstation kybds) without mpc or maschine
but still have the capability to combo mpc or maschine for even greater production and features.

https://www.amazon.com/Akai-Professional-MPK-Ultra-Portable-Controller/dp/B00IJ6QAO2/ref=pd_sbs_267_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00IJ6QAO2&pd_rd_r=7FVF6CRSR6VBPDZ3EMPG&pd_rd_w=4WAjX&pd_rd_wg=dEM8g&refRID=7FVF6CRSR6VBPDZ3EMPG&th=1

By Lampdog Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:37 pm
Aww ****, I edited her actual post title and didn't realize. I can't remember the original thread title.

I see it, Done. Thanks for noticing.