For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By gertie Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:02 am
Does anyone know if this mixer is any good?

I got one recently as part of a killer deal but it needs a new internal power supply....was wondering if its worth getting fixed

MPX820

This is a 6 rack space Akai MPX820 MIDI Programmable 8 Channel Audio Mixer, 8 Bal. mic i/p\'s, Level, auto fades and other parameters can be stored in memory to produce up to 99 programs and called Via Midi or Via Foot switch to step up & down. This would be a useful mixer for A/V production, small band, guitar or keyboard rig. Volume and presets changes can be made remotely via a pedal and foot switch respectively. You could preset levels for each song and just press a button. The mic inputs have a switchable mic pad 0, -20, -4
By AntonPD Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:40 pm
doesnt sound like a difficult fix! en anders wil ik hem wel komen halen ;)
By AntonPD Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:09 am
haha ik niet.. iemand met verstand ervan moet het wel kunnen denk ik!
By Menco Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:53 pm
Simpel soldeerwerk denk ik? Weet ook even niet iemand zo uit mijn hoofd die dat zou kunnen fixen in de buurt van A'dam.
By gertie Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:58 pm
ik ken iemand....dus het komt wel goed...zal even duren want hij woont in leiden...lol...was gewoon nieuwsgierig of het een goede mixer was...maar ik kom wel erachter

to sum up...i can get a mate to fix it....was just curious if its any good.....time will tell once its fixed
By AntonPD Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:43 pm
i believe the mg mixers from akai are quite good, im guessing this is a later model, so idk
By gertie Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:20 am
yeah....nice ad!! im sure it must be fine then....if its using components similar to other machines there...

and if its good enough for MJ then its good enough for me :)

when i turned it on, lights come on....so i guess it aint the fuse....some of the lights on some channels begin to flicker on and off, also if i move the faders this happens too...the guy who sold it to me told me it needed a new power supply....i presumed he knew what he was talking about....even if he didnt know the value of the gear he sold me :lol:
By pmboos Sat May 27, 2017 11:37 am
mike_mcroberts wrote:This is an old topic, but I posted an old training video that I did in 1987 for the MPX-820. It's at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvyS1zv6tNM

Mike McRoberts

Mike, thanks for that vid - very helpful. I am one of those people that like having a manual around for ref - any chance you know where one is available for download as well? I haven't been having much luck with my google-fu lately...

Cheers!
Paul