For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By doctah wizard Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:43 pm

Someone made a beat on it.
By konc3pt Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:18 pm
Coz wrote:These guys are nuts! :lol:

that's too fukn funny and cool at the same time :smoker:
By mr_debauch Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:03 pm
that is actually... kind of lame... putting something on a knob to make it bigger? why is it so small to begin with? It would have been nice to have a midi input and control those knobs with any piece of gear or sequencer. Am I right about every input/output being 1/8" ?? because that is weak. Those are the worse jacks ever and while they are great for mp3 players, on a multi hundred dollar keyboard I would expect a 1/4 output at least....

it does look cool... kind of how casiotones were cool back in the day... except the price is kind of steep.
By Coz Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:36 pm
konc3pt wrote:that's too fukn funny and cool at the same time :smoker:

What's cool is they'll send you the digital scans for free so if you've got access to a 3D printer you can make the parts yourself. Ok, 3D printers aren't that common place at the minute, but it's obvious they're gonna take off.

MPC Stuff's crazy prices will be a thing of the past for replacing buttons, knobs and other parts in the future. :smoker:

By sciguy Thu May 30, 2013 12:47 am
THAT DISPLAY... :shock: :shock:

fn beautiful...
By Coz Thu May 30, 2013 11:34 pm
sciguy wrote:THAT DISPLAY... :shock: :shock:

It does look nice.

I've just had the video playing in the background while I do other stuff... the sound is pretty amazing! It's unmistakably digital, but very useable for music production.
By Coz Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:54 pm
^^ Nice tunes. :smoker:

I like this fella's videos. :mrgreen:

By T-Virus Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:18 pm
Coz wrote:One more for the old game heads.

That was Sick!!! I wish a had a 800 bucks laying around so I could get one.
By sciguy Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:33 am
T-Virus wrote:
Coz wrote:

That was Sick!!! I wish a had a 800 bucks laying around so I could get one.

definitely, the price is literally the only thing keeping me from buying one in an instant.
By Fess Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:00 pm
Hey fellas, I'll tell you about my experience with the OP-1...

I got my first one the day they became available on their website, so you could say I had a very early version. The first thing I noticed was a whining noise coming from the headphone jack. I'd bought the thing to come up with scratch ideas leisurely...you know, like laying it across the crack of my skank's ass and puttin out some bangaaazzz ohhhh!! But seriously, I thought it would be a cool musical sketchpad. I asked them if the noise could be eliminated and they never did give me a definite answer. So then I asked them if I could have a full refund if the noise couldn't be eliminated with an OS update. 6 months went by and they finally told me that the noise issue could not be fixed with an OS update-making it a hardware issue. There are a lot of people who have complained about the noise-whether it was coming from the headphone jack, USB port or the line in jack. The biggest problem with the whining noise was that it became the worst at an optimal listening level-which for me was around 3/4 volume. If I cranked up the volume, shit was way too loud and hurting my ears. I couldn't get comfortable with it so I asked them to honor their promise-and they did.

Fast forward a few years later, and it seems the noise issue is very minimal for the most part. I think they did a slight design modification to get rid of the noise inherent in so many earlier models. I could be wrong about that of course, but the OP-1 I have now is noise free and sounds awesome. I'm using the same headphones I was using the first time around and there is zero feedback noise, whining or humming-nothing. The signal is clean and I've noticed the line out isn't as hot as the previous OP-1, so I'm really happy with it.

Can you make full songs with it? Well yeah sure, but it will take a lot of bouncing to pull it off. But that's not what you get this thing for. This is an awesome addition to anyone's setup for putting out dittys to use for a song. It offers brand new ways of coming up with beats and melodies and the synth engines are very high quality. OP-1 is no joke if you take the time to learn it-like anything really. And it's fun to use. The screen is dope and some of the animations are funny-you will smile if you mess around with this-guaranteed. :nod: It's even got the old school classic Choplifter game in it :lol:.

The manual is very well done so reading it will let you know exactly what it can or cannot do. It isn't for everyone of course and even though I have a noiseless one now, that doesn't mean there aren't some noisy ones out there. The noise may be gone completely at this point-I can't say for sure but visiting OP-1 forums will give you all the info you would want to know.

Bottom line is when it works, it works very well.
By acronym Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:30 pm
Had one and sold it a while back,it was fun but the problem I had was the output was noisy and I wish it was more pro in the fact you have better I/O generally.

Synths were OK but after a while they blend into one another and all sound similar to me, still it was fun.

Effects were nice though.

However, I sold it due to its limited sound I wanted something more versatile which was probably where I went wrong. I ended up with getting an ipad which was much better for me