For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Coz Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:05 pm
@Fess

Cheers for the review mate. I don't think my Mrs will be overjoyed at me laying the OP-1 across her ass crack to knock out bangerz, but you never know! :lol:

I've read all about the noise issues, so it's good that they seem to have got on top of the problem. If I get one and I couldn't live with it I'd send it straight back. Other than that, I totally get the idea of using it as a unique musical ideas generator rather than for producing complete tracks. That's fine with me. 8)
By Coz Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:28 pm
acronym wrote:However, I sold it due to its limited sound I wanted something more versatile which was probably where I went wrong. I ended up with getting an ipad which was much better for me

That's the way it goes sometimes.
By acronym Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:14 pm
Coz wrote:
acronym wrote:However, I sold it due to its limited sound I wanted something more versatile which was probably where I went wrong. I ended up with getting an ipad which was much better for me

That's the way it goes sometimes.

definitely I guess my expectations were different, I still love to buy one again but not at the current prices. Maybe £300, its fun but wasn't intergral and it didn't do nothing that I miss.
By Fess Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:29 pm
Coz wrote:@Fess

Cheers for the review mate. I don't think my Mrs will be overjoyed at me laying the OP-1 across her ass crack to knock out bangerz, but you never know! :lol:

I've read all about the noise issues, so it's good that they seem to have got on top of the problem. If I get one and I couldn't live with it I'd send it straight back. Other than that, I totally get the idea of using it as a unique musical ideas generator rather than for producing complete tracks. That's fine with me. 8)

No problem man. If you get one I hope it's noise free and you have a blast with it. :-D
By inflict3 Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:24 am
anyone checked one of these out yet????
By inflict3 Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:40 am
cant lie,, the fm stereo built in is a selling point for me.. price, not so much though, damn it is pricey :oops:
By inflict3 Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:41 am
thanks man!!
By inflict3 Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:34 pm
this thing looks cool as shit!
By Coz Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:14 pm
inflict3 wrote:cant lie,, the fm stereo built in is a selling point for me.

The radio is a nice little feature because you can sample directly from it and also use it as a mod source for the LFO. 8)
By Lampdog Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:20 am
I used to sample from the radio. Good sample source.
By inflict3 Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:10 am
I still sample from the radio. It is a great sample source.. I love it!!
By Coz Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:23 pm
I finally pulled the trigger on an OP-1 last night. It's used, so if I don't get on with it I should be able to flip it for the same money.

The bank holiday weekend has screwed up the delivery times, but I should have it within a week. :-D
By reeloy Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:18 pm
...on the day, they give birth to a BLACK one, i'll get me one of those right away....
By Coz Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:01 pm
I was just about to say "I don't buy gear based on colour"... then noticed my blue 4K, my blue Minipod speakers, my blue SP-12, my blue Spectral Audio Neptune 2... in my blue room. :Sigh: :lol:
By reeloy Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:25 pm
.....first thing i did with my brandnew mpc2000 back then, paintin' it black....
got no black room, though...

but i heard it's way more grey than that white on pictures....
and this gear is pure luxury, hey....so colour is an issue....
but with grey....
hmmm....i could live with grey....