For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By jibber Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:28 pm
Fanu wrote:Adam s2x in the house. Wanted to get real precise at mastering.

I guess you are so used to the sound of the Adam A7X, you didn't take risks and stayed with the Adam line for that reason?

I mean... you could have gotten PSI A17 for that price (i'll get accused again of being an online cheerleader for them for saying this :oops: :) )?

I have a friend who uses S-3X-V and swears by them. He also auditioned PSI A25 in his treated room next to the Adams and only got the Adams to save money. Makes sense, but with the S2X and A17, the price is almost identical... :mrgreen:
By peeping tom Wed May 04, 2016 1:07 am
Lampdog wrote:
peeping tom wrote:
Lampdog wrote:I've rarely heard an 808 kit that sounds like an actual 808.

check these out Lamp. they might not be bang on, but they sound pretty bloody good!

They are decent, but something is off, maybe because it's youtube video conversion
or something.

Yeah i feel its the video / recording method. see the camera move when he hits the kicks! :nod:
By Lampdog Thu May 26, 2016 2:58 pm
@dunk, I almost bought a cassette pillow, I likes it, I'm digging that.
By Lampdog Sat May 28, 2016 1:02 am
Waterdrop seriously weird to me.

No head nod factor, at.....all......
By WASKMUSIC Mon May 30, 2016 10:22 am
thanks haha :D

thats only one side of the room, on the other side there is an expedit shelf, where i store more gear. on the shelf i have (at this moment) 3 sampletraks, mpc500, mpc2000xl, mpc2500se, s900, 2 vestax mixers. the best thing is: i got an oldschool vestax pmc05pro2 with a built-in serato module, so no fancy cablestuff hanging around...
By Matriks Tue May 31, 2016 6:11 am
WASKMUSIC wrote:thanks haha :D
thats only one side of the room, on the other side there is an expedit shelf, where i store more gear. on the shelf i have (at this moment) 3 sampletraks, mpc500, mpc2000xl, mpc2500se, s900, 2 vestax mixers. the best thing is: i got an oldschool vestax pmc05pro2 with a built-in serato module, so no fancy cablestuff hanging around...

Crazy stuff! Waskmusic-gear-museum 8) congrats to the vestax-serato-mixer! :smoker:
By Christov Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:34 pm
New to the forum, and what's a better way to introduce yourself then a picture of the lab?

My name is Christov, hiphopproducer from the Netherlands. Released my second album a couple of months ago (I have a link for those interested). Always worked with computers (although I used to have a semi-problematic ASR10 which I ended up selling which I still kinda regret...great sound). Have been collecting hardware for a couple of years and I actually did have a MPC for a couple of years, but it was one of the 1000s with the faulty pads and for years was to broke to fix it, so I ended up sticking to mainly software for production.

Due to the fact I got a deskjob I realized I didnt't want to spend my freetime also looking at computerscreen, so I ordered the padfix with the fatpads and some other parts online and refurbished my MPC1000. Now it works great and it acutally is a way of working I really like! Made more beats in the last week than in the last year so that says it all... and since I found this site in regular Google searches it made sense to register overhere. Anyway, long enough intro, here is the studio pic:

Current gearlist
- Akai MPC 1000
- Akai S950
- a set of Alesis M1 Active monitors mk2's
- Arturia Microbrute
- DBX 231s equalizer
- Korg Microkorg
- Mackie 1202VLZ4 mixer
- Motu Audio Express
- an old Philips tapedeck
- a set of Technics SL-1200mk2's
- Vestax PMC05 Pro III
...and a pc and a bunch of records and a couple of headphones

Current setup works fine enough, although I need to figure out how to connect the S950, the Microbrute and the Microkorg to the MPC1000 using MIDI and still have a output to synch it to my pc to record it. And a interface with enough inputs to record it all.
By peeping tom Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:36 am
time to learn about midi "thru" my friend.
daisy chain them shits up!! i used to have
mpc > s900 > synth module > PC on one midi output (mpc out to s900 in, s900 thru to synth in, synth thru to PC in)

takes a minute to get your head around it all, but once you sussed it out you'll feel like a genius.