For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By taxman806 Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:26 am
yeah bro, been a long while since I been active here. That time I did in school and away from music kinda kept me busy. I'm still in school (Master's degree...please kill me), but my son has expressed a great interest in doing some music so I had to dig out all the gear from storage and set up shop to get to work. I also acquired some new stuff to help make my sound a little more modern...you know these youngsters. But yeah man, I'm back to see how things are for the moment. As long as cats don't start taking any personal jabs at me, I'll stick around. Haha. Hit me up fam, inbox me the #. Peace!
By djkidmt Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:31 pm

Been completely OTB for the six months, My sound has def improved a lot because of it.
By abc Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:58 am
distortedtekno wrote:
abc wrote:OTB?

You down with OTB?
Yeah you know me!

I have a really great system for this, if anyone ever wants to chip in. Buku dollars.
By Christov Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:38 pm
peeping tom wrote:
Christov wrote:
@peeping tom thanks for the advice, I figured out the midi aspect of it all

easy G. Glad i was able to help.
How cool is it having all ya toys linked up though!?

It's great man, works perfect! Only hardware now for the most important part of the beatmaking I only use my computer monitor during production now for mixing in my DAW and to watch a movie or something to get inspired while looking for samples. Some La Haine or whatever whatever to get in my grimey mode hahaha.
By loose_t Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:50 am
So I have a toddler who has been trying to feed apple juice to my MPC, yanking on cables etc. So I splashed out on this ridiculously heavy, ugly, over priced locking desk from GC. Nearly crippled myself getting it inside, as it ships fully assembled at 230pounds. Now my gear is safe.
By Lampdog Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:47 am
Safe is good. That looks pretty cool.
By Dioe Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:35 am
Worlds smallest studio? 2 1/2ft x 8ft, here's my box, no mpc stuf yet, just waiting for the mpc live to drop
:lol:
By Danoc Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:48 pm
My old OTB setup in the last days of 2012
ImageImage

MY NEW COMPACT ITB SETUP. I LOVE IT!
By djkidmt Mon May 22, 2017 5:12 pm
Lil video of my studio in action. The MCP2000 is sequencing the Moog, s3000xl, and Juno 106 into the desk. The Gssl 4000 clone is on the master inserts, Dbx 160A's on the kick and bass inserts, two FMR RNC's on perc bus and leads.