For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Living Bate Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:17 am
Headphones wrote: kind of lame you can't find the simm cards without getting gouged

does seem crazy that there is no fugga out there that has been able to reap the rewards from noticing that gap in the market.....i've got one, but in my eyes that almost doubles the value of the unit...

Wormhelmet wrote:First sampler I used in songs back in late 90's

yeh the SP202 to me was an upgrade from my old Kam DJ Mixer that had like 12 seconds sample time or something.....i think it was over 4 banks.....maaan i thought that shit was the bollux at the time....
By Living Bate Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:26 am
this was the fugga!

shit for scratching cos the fader would crackle like a bitch after transforming for about 30 seconds...

but to have a sampler was revolutionary

By DeeJay K#!!@n Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:21 pm
My favorite swiss army knife shitbox. Proved to be very useful in my setup. Don't regret selling it but miss it sometimes. Used to sample into it initially in lofi mode then sample the results of that into the MPC 60. The outcome was a kinda sp1200 like I guess. Did a couple projects using solely the 202. One of them I posted here awhile ago. I have to find the other one too.
By Living Bate Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:25 am
DeeJay K#!!@n wrote:Did a couple projects using solely the 202. One of them I posted here awhile ago. I have to find the other one too.

Re-post if you can. . . I've been really enjoying some lofi beat tapes off YouTube recently . .

It's amazing what some people can do solely on a 202
By DeeJay K#!!@n Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:39 pm
Living Bate wrote:
DeeJay K#!!@n wrote:Did a couple projects using solely the 202. One of them I posted here awhile ago. I have to find the other one too.

Re-post if you can. . . I've been really enjoying some lofi beat tapes off YouTube recently . .

It's amazing what some people can do solely on a 202

https://soundcloud.com/deejay-kellan/st ... rom-the-sp
By mr_debauch Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:17 am
it has a built in mic and batteries .. no? super cool. would be cool to take some samples with it and drop the memory card into the 303 to work on it further.
By Living Bate Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:36 am
mr_debauch wrote:it has a built in mic and batteries .. no? super cool. would be cool to take some samples with it and drop the memory card into the 303 to work on it further.

yeh i've never really messed with the built in mic.......it is quite powerful though....
By Ill-Green Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:23 pm
Lord Beatjitzu did a few mixtapes solely on the 202 https://bandcamp.com/tag/lord-beatjitzu

I was gonna get one but from having the MS-1, I saw no need to because it did not have a sequencer and both were 4 polyphony. When they came out with the 303, I bought that instead.
By Living Bate Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:26 am
Ill-Green wrote:Lord Beatjitzu did a few mixtapes solely on the 202 https://bandcamp.com/tag/lord-beatjitzu

I was gonna get one but from having the MS-1, I saw no need to because it did not have a sequencer and both were 4 polyphony. When they came out with the 303, I bought that instead.

yeh i really like some of those Beatjizu mixtapes....

and Bruce Li
By Living Bate Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:12 pm
Wal Martian wrote:I got the password if you need it.

I sorted it a little while back . . Cheers tho . .
By Headphones Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:41 pm
Picked up a SP202 about a month ago. So it’s ok for what it does. I back up samples with my S20 on floppy, but down the road, I might upgrade the S20 to run on the USB simm card unit from eBay. They claim that’s like 100 floppies on a USB drive. It’d be nice if someone made a way to make a 5.5 volt smart media thing to get around it’s limited banks, but you can’t even save some of the FX to your pads, even with it.